Facepalm cases

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
what the hell kind of made in buttfukcistan implant shears in half when you havent even drilled in in completely yet.
That one was fully integrated for years. That is a stress fracture from improper occlusion/function.
Think keep bending a metal coat hanger back and forth until failure.
It is an implant from a well know company. @Darwin @Soniq care to use your skills and make a guess?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That one was fully integrated for years. That is a stress fracture from improper occlusion/function.
Think keep bending a metal coat hanger back and forth until failure.
It is an implant from a well know company. @Darwin @Soniq care to use your skills and make a guess?
Use original they said. It's "better" if you do they said. We care they said.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think I found the dentist
111230034011-three-stooges-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
http://www.dentalproductsreport.com/dental/article/top-13-freakiest-dental-horror-stories?page=0,12
DIY dentistry

While working as a dental assistant at a Navy base, a patient came into the clinic at opening with a drill bit from his Black & Decker drill in his first premolar. He had tried to drill his own tooth at home and could not get the drill back out! Ouch! We suggested he stay away from at-home dentistry in the future…

S

Stella02

Reaction score
I packed 3 cases, they all had the same acrylic. So why why WHY do two of them come out looking nice pretty and the way they should be and one comes out looking like it a different acrylic shade, not properly packed?!

Attachments

• 20181202_125917.jpg
    20181202_125917.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20181202_125945.jpg
    20181202_125945.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 109
DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
If they were packed with the same mix at the same time it was probably either under packed or your pressure clamp failed during processing

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I packed 3 cases, they all had the same acrylic. So why why WHY do two of them come out looking nice pretty and the way they should be and one comes out looking like it a different acrylic shade, not properly packed?!
Did you mix these up in one batch and then pack them all at the same time? The last one packed can have some oddness if it takes too long.

The two things I know can cause this:
A)
Using cold cure liquid with heat cure powder. I know someone that had issues bench bottle got refilled then it was noticed. Label EVERYTHING.
I use cheap sticky nametags from the dollar tree/everythings a dollar stores.
20180828_132218_HDR.jpg
B)
Not having enough material in the flask. It's not enough to fill the void when packing. You must compress the acrylic, not just fill the negative. I had one that had this issue. It was Original shade and looked slightly more orange and had pinhead bubbles.
When I packed it I thought, "Hey, this will be the first one with no waste, great!" as I barely had any flash on the first pack and with that I closed on the second compression. This issue was the result. You need to overpack. Significantly.
My solution for this was to rebase. I process on a dup model, so I still had the original and made a new processing dup. Then coated the original with ADS's APS separator and waxed the teeth to the ridge enough that I could be certain of a perfect transfer and then completed the waxup on the dup. Then redid the whole pack and cure. This time with 2x the standard 10ml to 21g. Yes, I weigh it out instead of going by volume. It's worse than sifting flour, you never get the same measurement twice with this stuff.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That moment when you realize you are making professional level Billy Bob teeth. For real. Where did I go wrong? (That's rhetorical you smartaleks :) )

20181203_144616.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
spelling is not my job i just make the sign the way the customer wants.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Need I say more?.....ok, photos included to help in shade match to redo #5 in eMax.

23EBD173-DBCE-4DA8-A6CB-7AFDF784CDC2.jpeg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
god why even bother just send him a No.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
5hit i thought i was having a bad day.

Top Bottom