G

GKV2017

Reaction score
whitch press furnace you reccomend to buy?thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I bought a used ivoclar ep 600, works fantastic.. got it for $600, its done nothing but make money, no air lines to hook up either. I havent used my zubler in years.

G

GKV2017

Reaction score
thansks all for answers :) do you recommend to buy used furnace?

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Be careful buying used!!! Try to track the serial number with the manufacture. I bought one on here years ago that they said was sent into Ivoclar to get checked out before selling and was good. Even included the invoice with that service. Had pressing issues day 1...after months of back and forth with Ivoclar turned out to be press drive $1200. Finally looked up serial number and it had been in service many times and Ivoclar couldn't figure out what the seller was doing to it...they thought they were drying zirconia under it. Seller claimed it worked when they had it but service history contraindicated....

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Don't buy from someone who has no clue unless you care to play fixit. You'll find stuff on ebay being sold by 'everything' dealers and they may not know how it should be treated, packed, etc.
If they routinely sell dental or highly touchy technical stuff, it's more likely safe.

And @DanM is right on with the S/N search.

G

GKV2017

Reaction score
I am thinking to buy used,but i can not decide which model to buy.i dont want to make mistake

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah Im not advocating buying a used furnace.. but I probably wouldnt be in business still if I didnt get good deals on used equipment, or know how to fix my own equipment. This is the great thing about ebay though, Ive purchased brand new zubler ovens, still in the box, on ebay for 1/3 of the new price. It depends on your situation if you should buy used, if your starting out and bootstrapping, you can find something that works for much cheaper than new.. if you have a huge workload and you need something reliable, then obviously buy something new with a warranty.

G

GKV2017

Reaction score
thx affinity for your answer! I am just starting and i dont have huge workload,but i want to buy furnace that will have less problems. new furnace is very expensive and i am looking for used,but in a good condition and thats why i need the sense of experienced dental technicians

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Yeah Im not advocating buying a used furnace.. but I probably wouldnt be in business still if I didnt get good deals on used equipment, or know how to fix my own equipment. This is the great thing about ebay though, Ive purchased brand new zubler ovens, still in the box, on ebay for 1/3 of the new price. It depends on your situation if you should buy used, if your starting out and bootstrapping, you can find something that works for much cheaper than new.. if you have a huge workload and you need something reliable, then obviously buy something new with a warranty.
Agreed, I've also bought used since then. When I bought that it was early on and had to use a line of credit to pay for it so a couple months later when I was repairing it was difficult. I bought a P500 that had low hours but learning from that experience I called Ivoclar with the serial number and had pictures taken of the hours fired before committing.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Shenpaz horizon press has been flawless for emax for the 2 first months of use. Programs are preloaded and press force option makes it easy to use. Push button. 4 test presses to dial in burnout oven temp. GC lisi press investment with new reaction layer spray is awesome. Super easy to handle and divest.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Zubler Heres a great oven, for a pretty good price.. I sold mine for $5k or so. I use this oven everyday with great results, as a porcelain oven, I only use it as a back up for pressing now, although it presses great also. Plus you get the piece of mind that Chris wilson will help you out with it.