4-unit, 2-implant cement-retained bridge... Engaging or non-engaging abutments?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow. What kind of hate filled dental supremacist would do that. "I dont like what you said, so Im going to stop listening."

Hey Mods...how many ignores do I have?
Including them?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow. What kind of hate filled dental supremacist would do that. "I dont like what you said, so Im going to stop listening."

Hey Mods...how many ignores do I have?
Well... Short vesion, you are alowed to be as ignorant as you like as long as you are polite.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well... Short vesion, you are alowed to be as ignorant as you like as long as you are polite.
Um...are you saying something smartyass to me?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents here.
I believe there are some of us who want the retrievability of using a screw-mented prosthesis/bridge.
If both the custom abutments are engaging while correcting the angulation of the cemented restoration,
it would not be possible to unscrew to remove the prosthesis by accessing the screw channel. Obviously,
if the screw channel is at the facial, it makes it harder to retrieve for routine maintenance, but if the
implants exit off the lingual or occl, but are just angled towards each other, a screw-retained restoration
is still possible after the prosthesis is luted on the cast and you can insert by screw only.
Again, not every situation is the same, just saying.
LCM

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
1DA026E7-197A-4AC6-A08B-BA4B86C7DE04.jpeg

Straumann BL RC’s..
“Cast-to”...
RC’s are fully disengage.. I do it almost daily.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
OK so Dr says patient claims the bdg is loose and his bite has changed, but he can move it back wth fingers and achieve old bite again. Dr. checks screws and re torques etc and pt. say it keeps happening. I re cemented the non-engaging bases back into the 4 unit lower bdg fro a new pick-up impression? Could this be a flexing of his mandible that somehow allows the bdg to change positions? The dr has checked and says when he does everything looks good?? I am meeting with Straumann rep today, by the way they are the conical BDG/Bar type variobases?? Thanks in advance for any info!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
OK so Dr says patient claims the bdg is loose and his bite has changed, but he can move it back wth fingers and achieve old bite again. Dr. checks screws and re torques etc and pt. say it keeps happening. I re cemented the non-engaging bases back into the 4 unit lower bdg fro a new pick-up impression? Could this be a flexing of his mandible that somehow allows the bdg to change positions? The dr has checked and says when he does everything looks good?? I am meeting with Straumann rep today, by the way they are the conical BDG/Bar type variobases?? Thanks in advance for any info!
Those conical variobases are very poorly designed. I used them once several years ago at the insistence of the straumann rep. Bridge debonded within a few months. They have new non engaging variobases that are cylindrical like their engaging variobases now. I think you have to download the european DMEs to get them though(at least I had to a few months ago).

I have no idea how the bridge could be loose without the screws being loose or one of the implants becoming un-integrated. If the bridge isnt debonding from the abutments, I would definitely get new screws. I would also verify that all the correct parts were used as far as platform sizes.

Top Bottom