3shape vs exocad

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No, its maybe inbetween bl4 and bl3 .. I admittedly went a little too warm with stain, the B0 was so bright over the zr abutment, I thought it would look dead.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Little MiYO stains will correct shade in almost seconds...

Not selling MiYO, but I will say its the Best staining material on the market !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
MIYO bringing exocists and 3 sheep together as one....Cheers

C

charles007

Reaction score
MiYO stains are so great, I can take a DoubleBagger 3sheep designed crown and turn it into diamond in the rough in minutes
Just saying Laugh

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Now that the snow is falling, that's the last we'll see riley til spring..

A

afrigs

Reaction score
I have used both. 3shape for many years then switched to Exocad about 2 years ago

I'm still learning and Exocad and spend more time than I would like to admit on designing.

I just find the Exocad tools when adding and removing and pulling to just not work quite right.
I miss the " bounding boxes" on the teeth in 3shape. Also the easy way to adjust the size of adding/ removing using shift and control on the keyboard.

I'm sure I'm just missing something. Maybe the presets are just not quite right. And the tooth anatomy libraries borderline on the insane.

However when I design in 3shape every once and awhile I find myself completely used to Exocad.
Even exported the file to design in Exocad.
Hi! I'm writing a Thesis comparing Exocad and 3Shape. Are you aware of any scientific studies or articles about these two programs? I'm really struggling trying to find information about this softwares out of their websites

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm writing a Thesis comparing Exocad and 3Shape. Are you aware of any scientific studies or articles about these two programs? I'm really struggling trying to find information about this softwares out of their websites
You'll get loads of anecdotal information from those who changed programs in both directions if you want comparisons.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Have you tried to contact the respective Headquarters? Maybe they have studies and papers available. Exocad is part of Align (iTero and Invisalign) and 3Shape is its own company. I'd start there. Also, there are plenty techs having both programs, I guess just ask what you wan to know (and be specific...). And then there are Facebook groups etc etc.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You'll get loads of anecdotal information from those who changed programs in both directions if you want comparisons.
what is the basis of your thesis ?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
what is the basis of your thesis ?
WOw! THere is a plurual of these?

Ken Jeong Yes GIF by The Masked Singer

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
My favorite Exo tools are the ones that help fix your f*&k-ups with out having to start over...Banghead
Or being able to correct margin line, Anywhere during design. Think that was a huge reason for going with exocad 6 years ago. At that time 3 shape was Major Buggy, never looked back. We do now use some 3shape software mainly 3shape communicate for importing Trios scans.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Or being able to correct margin line, Anywhere during design. Think that was a huge reason for going with exocad 6 years ago. At that time 3 shape was Major Buggy, never looked back. We do now use some 3shape software mainly 3shape communicate for importing Trios scans.
true enough, 2015-2018 3shape was up and down with bugged features. its not so bad now, but i keep anticipating another 2015 year when they launch something new, notably their AI software seems to me to be a bit raw. you can't just launch that kind of thing you have to feed it a lot of working data before you do a launch and i feel like they didn't do that.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
true enough, 2015-2018 3shape was up and down with bugged features. its not so bad now, but i keep anticipating another 2015 year when they launch something new, notably their AI software seems to me to be a bit raw. you can't just launch that kind of thing you have to feed it a lot of working data before you do a launch and i feel like they didn't do that.
That unfortunately seemed to be their model, sign up contracts including updates annually and then let go whatever!!! Just to keep the contract intact, rain bugs, really a sad business model where customer comes last. I remember going through support, who did their very best then to a ticket formed with actual 3shape support. Not much help in the end, they didn't even know what was going on. This happened multiple times and caused a massive amount of lost work. Zero comp.

Top Bottom