Restorations Du Jour

user name

user name

Reaction score
What are you talking about with all this layering and hard work. Didn't you buy the MiYo magic kit?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Well, if at first I don't succeed...do it over. To much chroma and low value on the ging 1/2, the middle 1/3rd to ging not smooth enough.
Need to work on the mesial line angle, and a bit more trans on the Inc. The target shade is a low value A1. I used a LT A1, with ZI-F
Incical combinations. Will now use a MT A1 at 80% contour, stain it as needed and overlay Incisals. Sound like a plan?

View attachment 29163

Trying to match the resin on incisal #8 ? :D

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What are you talking about with all this layering and hard work. Didn't you buy the MiYo magic kit?

lol...I should have said the crown was completely built out of MiYo structure on platinum foil, as a jacket crown.
I did use some storm and smoke on the Inc when I saw it needed it. I also used some structure window on the ging 1/3rd interproximals to help finish closing the spaces.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Even Hank Williams (Jr) was into MiYo before Jensen was:

"Jambalaya (On The Bayou)"

Goodbye Joe me gotta go me oh my oh.....

And here I thought they'd only been marketing it about a year. Talk about your long term plans.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Old School or maybe PIA
I actually spend extra time on the facial surface to try to get the light reflection I prefer.
guess that means licking it and looking at it in different angles then rubber wheeling about half the chicken scratch out after glaze.

View attachment 28760
View attachment 28762
View attachment 28763
View attachment 28764

Fine looking metal margins ! Hate polishing those so much but if done right they are a thing of beauty. Tops !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
Al said this thread is for sharing cases. This was an implant case where the patient wanted it to be like his teeth before he lost them, including diastemas. Solid Zirconia with minimally layered crowns and solid gingiva colored with Miyo Pink. I forgot to take pictures after the Ti bases were bonded into place. 20181015_132712.jpg 20181017_101631.jpg 20181025_163111.jpg
20181011_163742.jpg 20181011_163931.jpg 20181011_164437.jpgs.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Al said this thread is for sharing cases. This was an implant case where the patient wanted it to be like his teeth before he lost them, including diastemas. Solid Zirconia with minimally layered crowns and solid gingiva colored with Miyo Pink. I forgot to take pictures after the Ti bases were bonded into place. View attachment 31226 View attachment 31227 View attachment 31222
View attachment 31223 View attachment 31224 View attachment 31225s.

Very nice work :)
What zirconia and layering porc. did you use?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The esthetics are amazing, the hygenics maybe not so much.. How do you clean that without being able to take it off? Why not just do a normal bridge?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The esthetics are amazing, the hygenics maybe not so much.. How do you clean that without being able to take it off? Why not just do a normal bridge?

That's a good point, it could have been a normal bridge with how the tissue is, and the low smile line. Yet, maybe it was to help cover the exposed implants esp the one in the #10 position. Still amazing work though.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
That's a good point, it could have been a normal bridge with how the tissue is, and the low smile line. Yet, maybe it was to help cover the exposed implants esp the one in the #10 position. Still amazing work though.

Guys, guys, the object of doing implants is to avoid prepping virgin teeth...plus make more money. ;) Looking at this guy's bite and how far those lowers protrude, he would have probably have needed to double abut a bridge on both sides. Maybe not the most hygenic case, but possibly the best option.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Guys, guys, the object of doing implants is to avoid prepping virgin teeth...plus make more money. ;) Looking at this guy's bite and how far those lowers protrude, he would have probably have needed to double abut a bridge on both sides. Maybe not the most hygenic case, but possibly the best option.
also to save bone resorption

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This weeks fun.
these are full contour zirconia with Miyo microlayering View attachment 31228 View attachment 31229 View attachment 31230
Love your work Bob. Can I make a suggestion?
Carving the tissue away with a round bur takes away from your presentation.It draws the eyes to the course lines around the margins.
I used to do that but now I run the check model under the tap for a second or 2. I know it takes more time but the slightly wet model allows for an easy trim of the tissue with a scalpel.. Not enough moisture to change any dimension of the model, but the result makes for a nicer emergence of your crowns. No offence intended but it looks like you didn't have time to make it look like it will in the mouth.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Maybe I didn't come off right, but I meant a normal bridge in the sense of on the implants themselves, and not with the tissue apron, for the reasons I gave :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Love your work Bob. Can I make a suggestion?
Carving the tissue away with a round bur takes away from your presentation.It draws the eyes to the course lines around the margins.
I used to do that but now I run the check model under the tap for a second or 2. I know it takes more time but the slightly wet model allows for an easy trim of the tissue with a scalpel.. Not enough moisture to change any dimension of the model, but the result makes for a nicer emergence of your crowns. No offence intended but it looks like you didn't have time to make it look like it will in the mouth.
thanks, thats a good idea. will give that a go on the next case! always looking to improve everything including presentation.
honestly wasnt super worried...if you see in the one pic the posteriors are all melting away, as the anteriors were too. these restorations were for a prior (or current) meth user. ew.