Ceramill Mikro 5x vs Roland DWX-52D

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi all!

So what do you think, which one is better for zirconia, wax an PMMA. I currently have Roland DWX-52DC and thinkig about sexond milling machine. I have offer for both systems. Ceramill is more expensive so I want to know is it actually better or its just the name that costs?

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
Hi all!

So what do you think, which one is better for zirconia, wax an PMMA. I currently have Roland DWX-52DC and thinkig about sexond milling machine. I have offer for both systems. Ceramill is more expensive so I want to know is it actually better or its just the name that costs?

If you get a second roland you should be able to use the same suction now and use the same CAM software which will bring the cost down and minimize training on a new machine. Plus you can use the same tools for your second machine. The mikro requires its own tools and CAM software but it is faster and more sturdy than a roland but it uses it's own CAM software. The Roland may be a better option for you at this point unless you are planning on upgrading to a Motion 2. Thank you

Jesse

G

grantoz

Reaction score
roland ,as it has sexond .who wouldnt want sexond in their milling options. can i say sexond again please.but i would get the roland anyway im not that shallow .

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat I have a 3shape d850 and I’m looking to buy a Rolland or a Mikro 5x I like both and I think the Rolland software costs less per year ? Please help I want to buy one ASAP im super excited but don’t want to buy the wrong one
Thanks
Dennis

A

A. M.

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat I have a 3shape d850 and I’m looking to buy a Rolland or a Mikro 5x I like both and I think the Rolland software costs less per year ? Please help I want to buy one ASAP im super excited but don’t want to buy the wrong one
Thanks
Dennis

I had the same question last year, went with the Mikro 5X... no regrets! Happy with the mill. Very good, and fast!

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Ok thanks A.M. I’m thinking the same the more I study them the Girbach seems to be faster and better quality
Thanks for your feedback
I had the same question last year, went with the Mikro 5X... no regrets! Happy with the mill. Very good, and fast!