Wax up of the week

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Here is one of my economy dentures in light meharry. For my premium dentures I use necktone and border tone and better quality teeth.
20180507_134335_1.jpg
20180507_134541_1.jpg

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Nicely done. Very clean.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the compliment. Here is a dirty little secret; I wasn't worth a crap at anatomy, it was my weakest link. In school we were taught to wax in the anatomy but I'm not artistic and always had a problem with it. In the labs I worked we always carved in the anatomy with a burr and while I could get it close it never looked quite right to me. I started following this thread and tried to emulate some of the denture wax ups because they are some of best I ever saw. Through trial and error I figured out how to do it and it doesn't take much longer than my old waxing method and it saves me a ton of finishing time. All I do is trim the peripheral border, stipple and in less than five minutes I'm polishing. What you see in the picture in how they come out the investment except for the stipple and shine.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I gotta say, those Enigma look pretty nice. Gorgeous waxwork as always
thanks Ken, one big difference with these teeth is the colouring of the canines, it really helps to make them all 'pop' :)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Here is one of my economy dentures in light meharry. For my premium dentures I use necktone and border tone and better quality teeth.
20180507_134335_1.jpg
20180507_134541_1.jpg

Very nice job, this to me is very close to the ideal denture look. If I were to nitpick at all and I'm not, I would go with a little less concave on the buccal posterior, making more of a root structure look, but that's just me. Great job !

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Very nice job, this to me is very close to the ideal denture look. If I were to nitpick at all and I'm not, I would go with a little less concave on the buccal posterior, making more of a root structure look, but that's just me. Great job !

Thank you for the compliment. I've come a long way compared to how I use to do things so any criticism or suggestions on how to make it better I'm all ears. I still envy many of the waxups posted and I hope to be near that good one day and it's because of them I'm able to produce the pictured denture. But any suggestions how I can bring it to the next level I'd appreciate.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. I've come a long way compared to how I use to do things so any criticism or suggestions on how to make it better I'm all ears. I still envy many of the waxups posted and I hope to be near that good one day and it's because of them I'm able to produce the pictured denture. But any suggestions how I can bring it to the next level I'd appreciate.

First you must vision in your head what you want for an end result. Look at stone cast that come in your lab used for
opposings, or the immediate denture you may fabricate. There is your photo, copy it. Thats a start...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A4
32f posts
226 for 7-10
a24 for 6 &11 for spacing issues to give proper 1:2 occlusal scheme.

Very resobed near flat max ridge
Roughly 2cm on pt left from max ridge to occ table vs.1.3cm on pt right.
Ridge scisors into post xbite at roughly cuspid/1st bi interprox on both sides. Non-xbite per rx.
Posts all bridged or crowned to being less than 15 degrees.

Lots of fun with all those together at once.

Doc wanted 0 deg teeth initially, so glad 10deg were approved.

20180728_224722_HDRb.jpg

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just me and dumb question on this one - was there anyway you could use a rotational path or
just guide planes to avoid putting that I-bar at the central?
LCM

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Just me and dumb question on this one - was there anyway you could use a rotational path or
just guide planes to avoid putting that I-bar at the central?
LCM
Doc requested it.