Cracking

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I tried milling out this case twice. Same results each time. Cracked. Its AG Zolid Fx. Multi. Its the first time its happened. Design issues , crown to thick? Anatomy to deep? I cooled as I normally do.

Attachments

• 20180612_115858.jpg
    20180612_115858.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180612_115919.jpg
    20180612_115919.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
E

Elías

Reaction score
I had the same problem with all zirconium between 600 and 700 Mpa. In all my crowns with channel access. We solved the problem using 900 Mpa zirconium.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

user name

user name

Reaction score
Could be your tool is bumping the side for the screw channel. I always smooth the edge of the occlusal entrance to the channel.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I use Fx often and works great regardless of thickness. I think like username said, the only time I've seen it when I had funny access and was trying to mill with 5x. I suspected the bur cracked it. That situation I turned off 5x and it turned out fine.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Are you marking depth limit and insertion directions from top and bottom in CAM?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In 3Shape you can create an occlusal bevel to help with any corner that the bur may bump into, as Bob suggested.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
How would I bevel the screw hole ?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When you add the hole in 3Shape there is a setting I was shown by support to create the bevel, but since I only do cementable implant crowns (as of now) I didn't write it down.
Call Core3d and they'll gladly show you like they did me, unless Sevan or someone else stops by.

The other nice thing about that occlusal bevel is that it helps create a smooth "edge" compared to a sharp corner that could chip?

user name

user name

Reaction score
...and it makes it much nicer for the Dr to fill with composite and not have to blend into a sharp edge.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Drs will use a low viscosity composite to fill the hole.
There will be erosion.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Support couldnt find it. Ill have to do more looking.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Support couldnt find it. Ill have to do more looking.

It may depend on who answers the phone. I don't have an implant case in the lab, and I can't modify and old case to try to find that for you.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Hmm is it hole filet? I thought I remembered bevel during assembly but I don't see it now. Went through 4 libraries, on version 2017. Maybe it changed?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hmm is it hole filet? I thought I remembered bevel during assembly but I don't see it now. Went through 4 libraries, on version 2017. Maybe it changed?

I believe I was on 17.2 when they showed me, maybe 16? But it was there, somewhere.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
It may depend on who answers the phone
Very true and very, but very annoying!!! There is more inconsistency in 3shape tech support (doesn't matter whom you call) than in a politician, keeping his/her promises.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Very true and very, but very annoying!!! There is more inconsistency in 3shape tech support (doesn't matter whom you call) than in a politician, keeping his/her promises.

Funny, sad but true.

Top Bottom