Debond breakage.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I just had a couple of crowns break when de boding from an abutment. The only thing I can relate to it . One had been in the mouth for over a year. The other 6 months. Is there a correlation with breakage and the amount of time in the mouth?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just had a couple of crowns break when de boding from an abutment. The only thing I can relate to it . One had been in the mouth for over a year. The other 6 months. Is there a correlation with breakage and the amount of time in the mouth?
Zirconia, Emax, pfm?

Slow and low usually gets them loose enough, but too hot or too fast will break anything. Unless they were already cracking the crown with the teeth as tools routine, it's unlikely the time in the mouth will change things in anything in less than 3-5 years just from material aging. And newer materials have less issue with that than zirc from even 10 years ago..

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I have had this happening on cases with the new 'ultra super duper translucent. zirconias, like the 'Anterior' from ZZ. It didn't matter how long the case had been in situ, or how quick or slow the cycle was. I stopped using that material on Ti bases, for that matter.

Edit: added info