Exocad ZRS Library

C

charles007

Reaction score
Last July 2017 I asked this same question, but now Monolithic restorations and micro-layering becoming the norm so I will ask again, anyone using Exocad's ZRS Library, or plan to buy ?

I'm thinking about buying but think it maybe overkill, to many choices.
For those that use it which libraries do you use the most.
If anyone hasn't got the new Dental CAD 2.2 Valletta, Exocad added the new HD Library..
Curious what libraries are your favorites and if you use other aftermarket libraries, and willing to share with me.
I mostly use generic, then acliva-da, alternative, and started using the new HD library more often.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I find the book of ZRS is good guide in selecting a library when doing anterior cases. Much better than scrolling and clicking the window to choose. The acliva must be exclusive to your reseller just like the dal I got recently. I did get HD with last update but not a fan. Ashortia is the way to go!

363B3588-FBBE-4B54-906A-A0A2B67BD143.jpeg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your right the acliva-da came from Chris Brown my Exocad Support. The Alternative library would be nicer if the posterior anatomy was deeper.
I have the Ashortia but can't remember if I've used it much. Generic is my go to on most posteriors. Doing a occlusion cut at .4 and .46 makes it difficult to create nice anatomy with limited reduction.
Thanks ps2thtec

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Your right the acliva-da came from Chris Brown my Exocad Support. The Alternative library would be nicer if the posterior anatomy was deeper.
I have the Ashortia but can't remember if I've used it much. Generic is my go to on most posteriors. Doing a occlusion cut at .4 and .46 makes it difficult to create nice anatomy with limited reduction.
Thanks ps2thtec

Charles, I always go through the “Correct to Antagonist” step before going into wizard. Usually 3clicks down to occlude models.
Then when I “ cut to antagonist, I’m at .13 -.14 . That way you’re not destroying your design.

Last edited:
2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I am looking for a flatter anatomy library zero or 5 deg. Anyone willing to share?

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I find the book of ZRS is good guide in selecting a library when doing anterior cases. Much better than scrolling and clicking the window to choose. The acliva must be exclusive to your reseller just like the dal I got recently. I did get HD with last update but not a fan. Ashortia is the way to go!

View attachment 29993

Double click on the window with the list then use centre scroll button on your mouse to scroll through the libraries. They will show in the preview window without you having to click on the list name to view the library.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I am looking for a flatter anatomy library zero or 5 deg. Anyone willing to share?

There is a library called Edwin or flat. It was free. The link should be around if you do a search.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Thanks Man! Did not know this little trick. Beauty.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
How and where do you plug in new tooth libraries when you get them?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How and where do you plug in new tooth libraries when you get them?
If you purchase the ZRS library it should be installed by your reseller. It is a dongle specific license.
Any of the other open or 'free' libraries can be copy and pasted into the appropriate folder in the CADApp library directory.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
If its a zip file then unzip,,,, you may have to make a new folder and rename specific for that library. Then in exocad "library" > look for "teeth", "pontics" and "metadata"... copy and paste into the corresponding folder. If metadata is missing then copy the metadata from the "generic" library folder and paste into a new folder named according to the library you're adding. So you should have 3 folders....teeth, pontics and metadata.