What does everybody use

S

Stella02

Reaction score
What's everybody using for acrylics for processing, repairs, relines and flippers. Pack processing dentures, using reline jig for my relines.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC Nature cryl pour

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Processing:
Diamond D heat cure, Excel pourable

Repair/Reline:
Coltene/Whaledent Perm whenever possible. Diamond D and Excel Cold cure on hand to match above and other shade families.

Immed Semi-Flex rpd:
Ron/TD Dental's Qdent

Immed wire clasp rpd:
Perm or Excel pour depending on tooth count/complexity and DDS request.

Meharry cold cure for repairs and Immed RPD:
Uhler's - Nice medium level of melanin shading, not overboard. Works well for greater than 50% of pts in my region.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Repairs: Diamond D or Ivoclar Probase cold
Flippers: Either heat cure or microwave Diamond D or GC America
Partials: heat cure Diamond D
Full dentures: Ivocap Injection

24kt k9

Reaction score
What's everybody using for acrylics for processing, repairs, relines and flippers. Pack processing dentures, using reline jig for my relines.
I use Vitacrilic fibered #7 for denture processing and special fibered #7 self curing for repairs and relines on a jig also 1-3 tooth temporary partials.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Occasionally Diamond D but mostly, I use Lucitone 199 by Dentsply and love it.
Dentsply recently introduced their new pour acrylic called Hipa, the color is a perfect match to their Lucitone 199, when Hipa is used to repair my 199, you could never tell the color difference, it's also perfect for flippers.

For the meharry, I use GC.

S

Stella02

Reaction score
Heres another question, a lot of people are using diamond d instead of lucitone, pro and cons on them?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Heres another question, a lot of people are using diamond d instead of lucitone, pro and cons on them?
Lucitone is a well established(read as: old) brand presence that many people in my area use as a generic term. That's about the only nice thing I have to say about it.

Diamond D:
polishes faster with sharper detail and 'higher shine'
Cures harder
packs easier
has better working properties during mix and pack stages
It has enough time to roll it out and get all the veining lined up for more natural look, doesn't stick to the separation sheet nearly as bad during trial pack
Finishes easier
smells up the lab less

Doesn't turn brown, in fact it has shown no color degredation at all yet on any cases I have out with it. I also make and keep test chips every six months and with every lot I receive. A set is kept wet, a set is kept dry. Dry set from 2 years ago still looks like the wet set from the latest chip make.

The cold cure and heat are an absolutly perfect and undetecable match.

Call them and ask for a sample, the people are kind and gracious. It's so good they only need to get you to use it once to keep you coming for more.

The heat cure can be microwaved or water bath cured by changing monomers, same powder.

I have no connection to them, just thought I was dreaming when I packed, devested, fi ished and polished my first case.

Lucitone, well, I try not to speak ill of the aged and infirm. :) I don't know if it is possible to be a regional environment issue with 199 being so poor in long term appearance here. We have exceptionally high limestone content in the water and it may exacerbate issues.
I will say that they outright lied to me when I asked if their new pourable HIPA, since they had the chance to being a completely new formulation, chemically bonded to the teeth enough that diatorics were no longer needed. They said yes. The IFU says you must make them.

If someone wants to buy it, I have a hardly opened Lucitone HIPA trial pack...

Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Lucitone is a well established(read as: old) brand presence that many people in my area use as a generic term. That's about the only nice thing I have to say about it.

Diamond D:
Cures harder
packs easier
It has enough time to roll it out and get all the veining lined up for more natural look, doesn't stick to the separation sheet nearly as bad during trial pack
Finishes easier
smells up the lab less

Doesn't turn brown, in fact it has shown no color degredation at all yet on any cases I have out with it. I also make and keep test chips every six months and with every lot I receive. A set is kept wet, a set is kept dry. Dry set from 2 years ago still looks like the wet set from the latest chip make.

Call them and ask for a sample, the people are kind and gracious. It's so good they only need to get you to use it once to keep you coming for more.

The heat cure can be microwaved or water bath cured by changing monomers, same powder.

I have no connection to them, just thought I was dreaming when I packed, devested, fi ished and polished my first case.

Lucitone, well, I try not to speak ill of the aged and infirm. :) I don't know if it is possible to be a regional environment issue with 199 being so poor in long term appearance here. We have exceptionally high limestone content in the water and it may exacerbate issues.
I will say that they outright lied to me when I asked if their new pourable HIPA, since they had the chance to being a completely new formulation, chemically bonded to the teeth enough that diatorics were no longer needed. They said yes. The IFU says you must make them.

How does the Diamond D match up to the 199 Original shadewise???

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Lucitone 199 both heat cure and repair and GC Naturecryl MC

S

Stella02

Reaction score

Diamond D:
Cures harder
packs easier
Finishes easier
smells up the lab less

I think it just got goosebumps over acrylic, now I'm sold and I haven't eve. Tried it yet!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
GC for acrylics...great stuff!!! TCS for flexibles :)

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
We use...
GC naturecryl for press packing
GC pour and Lucitone HIPA for pour processing
Fricke hard flex for nightguards and temp flex partials
Ivobase high impact for injection
Inject dura flex and acytel resins for flex clasps and partials
Mixture of acrylics for repairing to try and match as best as possible but I like dentsply repair material

Top Bottom