Another Lithium Disilicate...anyone tried it?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Had a rep drop in yesterday and left a couple of trial ingots of Zublers Concept Press.

The ingots are 2gram ingots. I like the idea of smaller ingots as most of my emax are single units, so I have to press them all individually, 1 ingot 1 crown (never seem to get the same shades in ate the same time).

The downside for this, and for me is that 5 of the 2g ingots costs almost as much as 5 emax ingots? not sure how that is going to sell many. As I said I love the idea of the smaller ingots for my situation but it makes virtually no difference cost wise.

Anyone had a look at these or pressed them? Any advice on pressing cycles? I'm pressing one today and just going to jump in and use a standard emax cycle.

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Hello Garry,
I work for Zubler USA and feel that the rep did you a disservice by not providing you enough information to work with the material. Here is a link to our website that has information on pressing and firing temperatures. http://zublerusa.com/page8/offsite-5/page19/. I hope this helps.

Ryan McEachern

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Had a rep drop in yesterday and left a couple of trial ingots of Zublers Concept Press.

The ingots are 2gram ingots. I like the idea of smaller ingots as most of my emax are single units, so I have to press them all individually, 1 ingot 1 crown (never seem to get the same shades in ate the same time).

The downside for this, and for me is that 5 of the 2g ingots costs almost as much as 5 emax ingots? not sure how that is going to sell many. As I said I love the idea of the smaller ingots for my situation but it makes virtually no difference cost wise.

Anyone had a look at these or pressed them? Any advice on pressing cycles? I'm pressing one today and just going to jump in and use a standard emax cycle.
awhile back people seemed interested in them....but it never seemed to take off. at least not that i have seen. would love to hear some lab feedback on them.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Zubler is a reputable company with good people like Ryan. While on the topic of alternative LD materials, is Amber Press from Hass getting any traction out there?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hello Garry,
I work for Zubler USA and feel that the rep did you a disservice by not providing you enough information to work with the material. Here is a link to our website that has information on pressing and firing temperatures. http://zublerusa.com/page8/offsite-5/page19/. I hope this helps.

Ryan McEachern
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the reply and link......lots of info on there.
I didn't use the Concept press on Friday as it was a rush job and not having the correct press cycle couldn't afford a mispress. I will however use it on my next case and leave some feedback on the results.
There is still the sticking point for me on the costing though with a 2g ingot costing almost the same as an emax ingot. But as I said I like the idea of smaller ingots.

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the reply and link......lots of info on there.
I didn't use the Concept press on Friday as it was a rush job and not having the correct press cycle couldn't afford a mispress. I will however use it on my next case and leave some feedback on the results.
There is still the sticking point for me on the costing though with a 2g ingot costing almost the same as an emax ingot. But as I said I like the idea of smaller ingots.
Garry,
I am glad I can help! As far as pricing that is up to your distributor, we sell a tube of 2gr for $80.00 US.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I've tried Concept press, Lisi, Celtra, and next week I have a few Amber that I'll try. So far, unless the cost is low enough, there is nothing to get too excited about, IMHO. e.max works flawlessly for me, so I need a real reason to switch.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We've switched to Lisi press and the pricing is good, plus they have a buy 3 get 1 free sale all of the time.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I've tried Concept press, Lisi, Celtra, and next week I have a few Amber that I'll try. So far, unless the cost is low enough, there is nothing to get too excited about, IMHO. e.max works flawlessly for me, so I need a real reason to switch.
recently been moving more toward Lisi Press. results have been great for the most part, and with the free tubes of ingots GC offers (i think its buy 3 get one free) the cost is even lower. i still use emax for certain shades and cases....but GC is doing well here.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
I don't press much anymore but have been using these for veneers, half price work great. Pearson Dental there house brand. Screenshot_20180826-061327.png

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Would you mind posting up your pressing parameters ? It looks like the same packaging as what Axsys sells .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Would you mind posting up your pressing parameters ? It looks like the same packaging as what Axsys sells .
Axsys is selling lithium disilicate? I didn't know that.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
When I get a chance I will. Can't by memory and be sure so I'll have to look on my furnace. It's a cerampress qex and it runs a little cool so my program's are 5-10 degrees c hotter.

Top Bottom