milling help asap

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok folks, here is a fun challenge....i have a 3unit anterior bridge over very LONG and skinny abutments. i need to mill this out of a very nice, super trans zirconia, and have it in my hands by end of the day monday.

challenge: the size of the bridge requires a 24mm or more thick puck (of the aforementioned super trans zirc). also, maybe its my inept nature, but with the mill and tools i have, each time i mill or calculate the tool strategies, i end up chipping a margin because the shank of the 1mm tool is just ever so slightly bumping the margin or internal sidewall of one of the abutments.

if you think you can make it happen, and have the necessary tools and zirconia, and get let me know ASAP if you feel comfortable giving it a whirl....contact me now. I am out of time on this one and absolutely need to have it happen. super challenging case and patient is running low on tolerating delays (not my fault i swear lol)

pm me or post a reply. i will be watching...and praying hahaha

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'd love to help, and in this case i wish i could. sorry man.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
When you think you've reached the end of the rope, turn around, you're going the wrong way. It's the beginning, not the end.
when i get to the end of the rope im going to knot it up and use it to hang myself it seems!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Take a breath man! Ive been super busy lately too, dont lose track of whats important! Best of luck.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Does it have to be Zirconia? Do you still do casting in-house? I think you know where I'm going ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Take a breath man! Ive been super busy lately too, dont lose track of whats important! Best of luck.
thanks man, its nuts here as usual. beats the alternative.....just lots on the plate right now.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does it have to be Zirconia? Do you still do casting in-house? I think you know where I'm going ;)
yes we cast, no i dont want PFM :D
neither does the Dr.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Any way to post pictures here?

Biggest puck I have right now is a 20mm Nexxzr+ :(

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Any way to post pictures here?

Biggest puck I have right now is a 20mm Nexxzr+ :(
yes i can upload an image....20mm wont cut it though. design file is 21.35mm before the zirconia expansion conversions

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I have a 25mm but theres no way it would make it to you by monday from my corner of canada eh

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
here's a couple preview images. the long tip of the margin is the bane of my existence.
df3d1e6368724e50541b84a258738fea.jpg
f44822375f12b1c20ac286899ebd3245.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What's the shade?
Also, considering where you are at, I'd call Jason Nicely in Chattanooga, TN, he's about the only one I know who could it to you by Monday (maybe?). I have a 25mm, pre-shaded A2 Zirlux, but I doubt I can have it to by Monday bud.

Last edited: