Supplier shipping question for the masses

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Is it wrong to expect refund of the express shipping cost from a supplier if they fail to deliver an overnight order if its due to a shippers failure? The failure was not due to an act of God.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Is it wrong to expect refund of the express shipping cost from a supplier if they fail to deliver an overnight order if its due to a shippers failure? The failure was not due to an act of God.
Not wrong to expect they will compensate somehow. But not everone will. It's all about how they view customer service and retention.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Not wrong to expect they will compensate somehow. But not everone will. It's all about how they view customer service and retention.
This was Nobel Biocare. Not one of my favorite companies but I thought they would be more customer friendly. Especially since they charged $41 to ship UPS overnight and I know that is over 100% markup for them.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This was Nobel Biocare. Not one of my favorite companies but I thought they would be more customer friendly. Especially since they charged $41 to ship UPS overnight and I know that is over 100% markup for them.
They need to make a profit somehow.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
In a perfect world they should refund you the difference between overnight and standard shipping, and then THEY should deal with UPS. But as we all know, we don't live in a perfect world. What has their response been to you?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I dont do much with Nobel Biocare. However, yesterday I ordered one of their scan bodies $80 which of course requires one of their $80 screw drivers that Im probably going to use one time and I asked for them to download their library. They told me they could not because my 3shape was not registered with them and said I needed to contact my rep. Called rep first thing this morning. No call back.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've gotten credit on account far more frequently than returned funds.

The two times that it threw my deadlines into questionable for needing it NOW from it getting lost or delayed somehow I was able to get next day am no charge and I or they (once each way) paid ground-speed fees to return the slower arriving package.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
In a perfect world they should refund you the difference between overnight and standard shipping, and then THEY should deal with UPS. But as we all know, we don't live in a perfect world. What has their response been to you?
The response was, we don't offer that. When I explained that UPS is obligated to refund the express cost since they didn't fulfil the contract, the response was we don't do that. When I explained that I couldn't only the shipper could. The response was, we can't do that. Needless to say, I wish I could say I won't buy from them any more either, but some of their parts are not available in aftermarket yet.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The response was, we don't offer that. When I explained that UPS is obligated to refund the express cost since they didn't fulfil the contract, the response was we don't do that. When I explained that I couldn't only the shipper could. The response was, we can't do that. Needless to say, I wish I could say I won't buy from them any more either, but some of their parts are not available in aftermarket yet.
Hmm, I wonder how long we'd be in business if we had that kind of customer service?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Oh wow. We do a lot with Nobel and the customer service has always been quite good. We usually call our rep and he takes care of credits to our account.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was present (as a technician not a patient) at an impression taking appointment. The patient had 4 Nobel Active implants. After the Nobel Biocare clinical rep found out that I have Exocad and will not use original parts to restore the case he tried to sell me a 3 shape scanner and said that a lot of cases fail because technicians use aftermarket parts to save money. I asked him for 3rd party proof, Still waiting.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was present (as a technician not a patient) at an impression taking appointment. The patient had 4 Nobel Active implants. After the Nobel Biocare clinical rep found out that I have Exocad and will not use original parts to restore the case he tried to sell me a 3 shape scanner and said that a lot of cases fail because technicians use aftermarket parts to save money. I asked him for 3rd party proof, Still waiting.
I'd have had to reply that they were quite negative about 3shape until recently too.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
They had their own scanners. Piccolo!

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
I dont do much with Nobel Biocare. However, yesterday I ordered one of their scan bodies $80 which of course requires one of their $80 screw drivers that Im probably going to use one time and I asked for them to download their library. They told me they could not because my 3shape was not registered with them and said I needed to contact my rep. Called rep first thing this morning. No call back.

It's not "their" scan bodies. It's from Elos Medtech, Nobel only re-sells them as this is the scan body they have validated their workflow with.
The driver is indeed proprietary to Elos. Other milling centres also use Elos, so it's not lost, should you ever need to send to Panthera or others for example.

They need to "link" you to their production facility, which takes a day or two usually. They will need your Dongle Number and Site ID, no biggie.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Your rep has the power to waive these shipping fees and will do so if you ask nicely. They value the relationship more than a few dollars here or there.
As far as I know, Nobel doesn't sell 3Shape scanners. They have their own scanner called the 2G, made by Optimet, which is getting long in the tooth and they just launched a new scanner called the LS3 which is sold under the KaVo brand (sister company) and is feature competitive with the D2000. Their software is now called DTX studio and is a customized Exocad.

If you have Nobel doctors, the scanner is actually very competitively priced, comes with basically Exocad with a minimal licence fee (around $1,000 / year). Not too bad.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Your rep has the power to waive these shipping fees and will do so if you ask nicely. They value the relationship more than a few dollars here or there.
As far as I know, Nobel doesn't sell 3Shape scanners. They have their own scanner called the 2G, made by Optimet, which is getting long in the tooth and they just launched a new scanner called the LS3 which is sold under the KaVo brand (sister company) and is feature competitive with the D2000. Their software is now called DTX studio and is a customized Exocad.

If you have Nobel doctors, the scanner is actually very competitively priced, comes with basically Exocad with a minimal licence fee (around $1,000 / year). Not too bad.
Well said!!

Top Bottom