Shipping wax products

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
How do you ship wax try ins and rims during summer and keep them from melting en-route ?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Maybe a foam lined shipping box like they use for shipping cold items? That would take care of everything unless someone leaves it in a vehicle in a parking lot for a long time.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
:cool:

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How do you ship wax try ins and rims during summer and keep them from melting en-route ?

A few years ago I found a bunch of those sealed plastic freezable cooler things, the blue ones about an inch thick. But these were tiny in comparison. Maybe the size of a 3oz perfume bottle. Picked up a bunch.

I had found them about this time of year at Martins grocery store, which is owned by the same group as Giant grocery store if you have one but not the other nearby. Probably available on Amazon. Everything else is. Cost a quarter each I think?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
dollar store sells mini freezer packs for lunch boxes etc. 1/2 inch thick ,fill your boots

Eviltongue

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well thanks for the advice, however some of you guys are too childish for my taste (guess which ones :)
Snowflake out of here :confused:
So this means I won't have a new neighbor?...dam, I've been trying to rent this igloo for months now :(

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
dollar store sells mini freezer packs for lunch boxes etc. 1/2 inch thick ,fill your boots

Eviltongue

I think we have a winner here, will go to dollar store today and check that out, ty!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
A few years ago I found a bunch of those sealed plastic freezable cooler things, the blue ones about an inch thick. But these were tiny in comparison. Maybe the size of a 3oz perfume bottle. Picked up a bunch.

I had found them about this time of year at Martins grocery store, which is owned by the same group as Giant grocery store if you have one but not the other nearby. Probably available on Amazon. Everything else is. Cost a quarter each I think?

As long as the are small and don't cost more than a few cents each, that willl work, ty!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think we have a winner here, will go to dollar store today and check that out, ty!
You're welcome,
I was thinking about this last night. I assume you are shipping next day or 2 days .
Is it by ground or air? Maybe it doesn't matter since both could be exposed to excessive temps.
You could also freeze the wax prior to shipping if you have the time .maybe experiment first in case it cracks.
The office could refreeze the pack prior to returning the case since this will be equally important.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You're welcome,
I was thinking about this last night. I assume you are shipping next day or 2 days .
Is it by ground or air? Maybe it doesn't matter since both could be exposed to excessive temps.
You could also freeze the wax prior to shipping if you have the time .maybe experiment first in case it cracks.
The office could refreeze the pack prior to returning the case since this will be equally important.

Yes, I'm priming all my accts, even those more than ten min away, that the days of me going back and forth multiple times for the same case is almost over. I can't make money and stay on the road all day. I plan to use usps as it's the most economical, and most will take just a day, just don't want to send melted wax ;-p

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you should be fine with one day.
Maybe a bigger pack for longer trips.
I assume usps charges by weight so that could be a factor.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
As long as the are small and don't cost more than a few cents each, that willl work, ty!
Quite welcome. Just don't try my trick of putting them alone together in the box. The cooler puck smashed the rim. Forgot they play basketball witht the packages. D'oh!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I hope you were able to find some. If you have Krogers grocery store nearby they have them $1 each right now.

I put labels on them to help them come home.
One side has Please Return to over my Logo, other side with the address & phone number and on the outside of the box a note taped on "Cold Pack Enclosed".
With people being so jumpy about stuff these days, figured it wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus it might get unpacked without using a 9'' knife that way.

Attachments

• Cold Pack Enclosed.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 3