Looking for Lab Anyone remember that company that can mill a custom screw retained abutment?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It was from an obscure company who can mill a screw-retained abutment from scratch and had screen shots
etc. We may have to mill an intervening 'shim' abutment between a deep implant and an existing hybrid instead of remaking the hybrid to try to bail someone out. The abutment would be screw retained on the implant, and carries the screw channel for the hybrid restorative/prosthetic screw so it can be torqued down.
LCM

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
i can have them made with my premills that are FDA approved unlike truabutment.

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
It was from an obscure company who can mill a screw-retained abutment from scratch and had screen shots
etc. We may have to mill an intervening 'shim' abutment between a deep implant and an existing hybrid instead of remaking the hybrid to try to bail someone out. The abutment would be screw retained on the implant, and carries the screw channel for the hybrid restorative/prosthetic screw so it can be torqued down.
LCM

www.partmaker.com.au
We do anything to order - all turned on Tornos Swiss lathes.
Check out Website for details
This is a custom device and does not need to be a registered product

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I see you have a nobel library for exocad? is that up for sale?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
www.partmaker.com.au
We do anything to order - all turned on Tornos Swiss lathes.
Check out Website for details
This is a custom device and does not need to be a registered product
Thanks! Waiting on institution to pull the trigger to fix this . . .
You all can mill to any implant system, including 3I/BioMet?
LCM

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
"This is a custom device and does not need to be a registered product"

maybe in australia but in the USA if anything is in the mouth more than 30 minutes regardless of if it is custom or the lab or dentist make it or buy it it has to be FDA approved especially a part connecting into an implant....ie custom abutment

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

maybe in australia but in the USA if anything is in the mouth more than 30 minutes regardless of if it is custom or the lab or dentist make it or buy it it has to be FDA approved especially a part connecting into an implant....ie custom abutment
Dam, there goes my wifes tongue...fkn FDA, always messin with my game :p

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score

Not exactly,

It is true if this is an custom abutment, in fact, it not the abutment itself that FDA authorize but more the way you mill the HEX, that it why a dental lab can use a FDA cleared abutment blank (a round cylinder with the hex already milled) and mill the abutment without the lab being FDA approved OR a milling center need to get FDA to be authorize to mill the HEX.

This is not true in all product, as surprising it is, if you mill a custom implant under a dentist prescription you do not need to have FDA (yes an actual implant)
Abutment are really in their own category about that.

I would say FDA and custom device in the dental world make no sense, there is no constant guideline.

;)

Top Bottom