Where to begin with surgical guides

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Designing the guide is the easy part, knowing where and why you are placing the implant in a particular location is the hard part.

T

TireSandals

Reaction score
Let the position of an ideally placed crown be your guide. Oh and try to maintain 2-3mm of buccal bone.

T

TireSandals

Reaction score
There is more to it than that. Generally you are deciding between compromises. For example, if you are placing an implant in the #30 position the bone and tissue will aftophy after extraction and the bulk of the attached gingiva is on the midline or more lingual. So the implant needs to be placed more to the lingual to split the remaining attached gingiva to the buccal and lingual. The implant crown access will often end up to the lingual if the central groove.

T

TireSandals

Reaction score
Carl Misch - Contemporary Implant Dentistry has a lot of guidelines and ways of categorizing different types of implant setups. It’s a marathon read...

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Man, I have been trying Blue Sky Bio. I just have a model for a Surgical Guide that I want to try and make.

It's seems really complicated. I know its all new to me and it's confusing as hell.

But trying to navigate the the 3d scan is painful.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Do you need FDA 510K for a lab to make guides?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place that I could just send scans and they would be able to make a guide?

T

TireSandals

Reaction score
https://cad-ray.com/surgical-stents/

I've never used this company, but I've heard good things.

The Blue Sky Bio software is not particularly initiative. But it works and has gotten a LOT better in the last 6 months. They are constantly making improvements.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I've done those many times. Oral surgeons don't want them. They say they literally don't even use them. They like the "nice ones."
interesting....out here this is the style they want! we do many many of them every month and it seems to be growing.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Well it seems like nobody really does them . Argen is a no and so is Core3d.

If anyone is familiar with Blue Sky and would be willing to look at what I have designed. That would be great.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well it seems like nobody really does them . Argen is a no and so is Core3d.

If anyone is familiar with Blue Sky and would be willing to look at what I have designed. That would be great.
not sure it matters what the system is, you just need to know the size being placed.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah I put all the settings into blue sky. It's just that it's new to me and I'm not sure if I actually did it right.

Implants are crazy with all their different parts and size and platforms, really gives me head a spin.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
interesting....out here this is the style they want! we do many many of them every month and it seems to be growing.
Maybe the gps are getting sick of referral disappointments? I finished the week doing one of those.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe the gps are getting sick of referral disappointments? I finished the week doing one of those.
actually, i get the majority from an oral surgeon. a very reputable guy too. and he does an excellent job with placements.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
actually, i get the majority from an oral surgeon. a very reputable guy too. and he does an excellent job with placements.
Send him a thank you note for giving a chit.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I wouldn't sh!t on it. Finding the right ones to work with is the hardest part of this business.
My $0.02

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Cultivate it...
been trying, its taken some time but i have another meeting with a guy placing loads of implants coming up. will see how it goes