How to copy a waxup denture in EXOCAD for printing?

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some help here! How can I Scan or copy a full wax up denture to stl file for printing? In our lab, we have dentalwing scanner and EXOCAD software. Any help will be really appreciate.

Thanks

Vincent

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Scan the intaglio surface as jaw scan and scan the occlusal as preop. Merge the two in exocad. This will leave an open border where the two scans meet so you will need to close it to get a watertight mesh. I use model creator in exocad for this.

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
Scan the intaglio surface as jaw scan and scan the occlusal as preop. Merge the two in exocad. This will leave an open border where the two scans meet so you will need to close it to get a watertight mesh. I use model creator in exocad for this.
Hi 2thm8kr,

Thank you! but i think i need to talk to my distributor. I am missing the license the Model creator.

Attachments

• model creator.png
    model creator.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 53
V

VincentTC

Reaction score
Hi 2thm8kr,

I know it has been a while. I finally get the license for the model creator. I have merge the 2 scan together but don't know how to export the stl file out of exocad. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What scanner do you have? Some scanners have option to scan both sides of denture. Or maybe you can scan one side and other as another jaw scan and scanner software merges the two scans into one mesh.

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
What scanner do you have? Some scanners have option to scan both sides of denture. Or maybe you can scan one side and other as another jaw scan and scanner software merges the two scans into one mesh.
I have 3d shinning scanner. I scan the intanglio surface, and the preof as the occlusal, I merge them in model creater but can not seem to export the stl file out. how can i finish the case in exocad or export the complete stl file out.

Thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If they are merged, then use file explorer to navigate to the patient folder in exocad database. Find the stl file there. Should be named ?-model base.stl or something similar.

File path would be:
C:/exocad/CAD-DATA/
what ever the case number or patient name or date started depending on how you have Dental DB configured.

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
If they are merged, then use file explorer to navigate to the patient folder in exocad database. Find the stl file there. Should be named ?-model base.stl or something similar.

File path would be:
what ever the case number or patient name or date started depending on how you have Dental DB configured.

There is nothing in the Cad data folder. I think it did not merge corretly, here is the picture of the case.

Thanks for helping me.

Attachments

• demo.png
    demo.png
    158 KB · Views: 44
V

VincentTC

Reaction score

File path would be:

I think i got it. I just need to save the file as a stl not a scene file.

Thanks

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
2thm8kr,

Maybe you can help me with another problem. How can i copy a waxup crown or bridge? We have a lot of adapt to partial case and it is easier for us to copy a wax up then scan the partial. We also like to copy a anterior waxup bridge. How can i do that in exocad? Again i really appricate your help.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
What do you click in DB? Job type? Thank you

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
thank you but don't you need to scan a die for the anatomic crown?
Depends on the scanner software. With DOF Scan App I select solid unpinned model.

If I were using a different scanner with a model holder I would scan the occlusal surface as the jaw scan and the intaglio surface as preop and register them together in exocad. You will need to use some other software to join both halves of the two scans make a watertight mesh.

Top Bottom