When did prepped rpd rest seats become obsolete?

C

cmeistercdt

Reaction score
You know what really grinds my gears? I swear to you that 80% of doctors I have worked with do not prep rest seats for cast metal rpds. I tell them over and over again of the importance of the rest to be flush with the tooth surface so patients do not hyperocclude, and so they can function properly through eccentric movements. Nobody listens. I work as an in-house tech now, so I don't want to piss anybody off. I'm just sick of this half-assed dentistry where you wipe out a perfectly good opposing stamp cusp cuz you're too lazy to take 3 minutes and prep some rests. I mean, if you are not going to do your part to ensure success of the case, that don't sell an rpd that's going to harm more than help.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who this aggravates. Sucks having a conscience sometimes. Sorry or the dirty language, but it's not right man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I was actually told once that it wasn't done as they "don't want to throw the pt into pulpitis". I couldn't contain my expression.
This was an add a tooth just waiting to happen. Read the xray! that's what it's for!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You know what really grinds my gears? I swear to you that 80% of doctors I have worked with do not prep rest seats for cast metal rpds. I tell them over and over again of the importance of the rest to be flush with the tooth surface so patients do not hyperocclude, and so they can function properly through eccentric movements. Nobody listens. I work as an in-house tech now, so I don't want to piss anybody off. I'm just sick of this half-assed dentistry where you wipe out a perfectly good opposing stamp cusp cuz you're too lazy to take 3 minutes and prep some rests. I mean, if you are not going to do your part to ensure success of the case, that don't sell an rpd that's going to harm more than help.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who this aggravates. Sucks having a conscience sometimes. Sorry or the dirty language, but it's not right man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Well, we wouldn't want to awkwardly slow the extraction of lucre.
Once that sale is made its about next warm butt in the chair.
Drinking and legal pot help...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well, we wouldn't want to awkwardly slow the extraction of lucre.
Once that sale is made its about next warm butt in the chair.
Drinking and legal pot help...
+5 points for the use of lucre in a real sentance.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Seeing "crow's feet" in the Dr.'s eyes............ YOU want me to what? to prep the adjacent teeth for rest preps? You crazy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I thought it was like spandex.Dontknow

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Fewer dentists are bothering with rest seats. It is a non money maker. ie chair time taken versus reward. That and they do not want partials to become the norm again over crowns bridges and implants....Not only rest preps but guide planes are no longer done.....I mean how many are doing the partials on primary alginate impressions as opposed to having custom trays made? An implant up here costs about 3K fully finished and takes about two hours of chair time.