Furnace

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
For a sintering furnace, would you choose the Shenpaz Sintra, or the Naber Therm LB? Why?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
For a sintering furnace, would you choose the Shenpaz Sintra, or the Naber Therm LB? Why?

For my latest furnace I chose whipmix because I wanted sic heating elements. Our sintra furnace has been alright and the nabertherms have been workhorses but they take longer to get parts for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
nabertherm comes in two version mosi or sic

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
For my latest furnace I chose whipmix because I wanted sic heating elements. Are sintra furnace has been alright and the nabertherms have been workhorses but they take longer to get parts for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which would you buy again the Sintra, or the Naber Therm?

What is the difference between sic and mosi elements?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score

As of right now I would buy another whip mix. I think sic elements give better results with our high trans zirconium

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

SiC (Silicon Carbide) Heating Elements are wired in parallel, have a max temp of about 1600C at the surface of the element, giving the furnaces they heat a max temp af about 1530 to 1540c. This also tends to give them short lives. They are wired in parallel because their resistance changes as they age. However, when one goes out, they have to be changed in pairs or completely.

MoSi2 elements come in different grades. They are wired in serial circuits, have max temperatures of 1800 - 1900C at the surface of the element. Furnaces with these elements tend to have max programmable temps between 1600-1700C. They can last much longer than SiC elements when run at temperatures above 1500C. They tend to have more issues with contamination if technicians do not dry their colored/painted zirconia properly and do maintain their ovens properly.

Both SiC and MoSi2 elements can contaminate/ be contaminated.

1. The first question you need to answer is what temperature do I sinter at the most.
- If you sinter at 1450 get SiC elements
- If you sinter at 1540 or higher get MoSi2 elements
2. The second question you should answer is how good am I about oven maintenance and attention to process detail.

Good luck.

K

KIM

Reaction score
SiC (Silicon Carbide) Heating Elements are wired in parallel, have a max temp of about 1600C at the surface of the element, giving the furnaces they heat a max temp af about 1530 to 1540c. This also tends to give them short lives. They are wired in parallel because their resistance changes as they age. However, when one goes out, they have to be changed in pairs or completely.

MoSi2 elements come in different grades. They are wired in serial circuits, have max temperatures of 1800 - 1900C at the surface of the element. Furnaces with these elements tend to have max programmable temps between 1600-1700C. They can last much longer than SiC elements when run at temperatures above 1500C. They tend to have more issues with contamination if technicians do not dry their colored/painted zirconia properly and do maintain their ovens properly.

Both SiC and MoSi2 elements can contaminate/ be contaminated.

1. The first question you need to answer is what temperature do I sinter at the most.
- If you sinter at 1450 get SiC elements
- If you sinter at 1540 or higher get MoSi2 elements
2. The second question you should answer is how good am I about oven maintenance and attention to process detail.

Good luck.
Well said and good info Chris.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Any WhipMix Sinter pro reviews out there???

N

Nenad

Reaction score
That's good answer Chris.
SiC is better but for low temp up to 1550
And life spine is shorter and it is chipper
ALSO SELING THERMOCOUPLE FOR SHENPAZ SINTRA AND NOBERTHERM SINTERING FURNACES and some others
Reasonable price

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
That's good answer Chris.
SiC is better but for low temp up to 1550
And life spine is shorter and it is chipper
ALSO SELING THERMOCOUPLE FOR SHENPAZ SINTRA AND NOBERTHERM SINTERING FURNACES and some others
Reasonable price

Re-read what I wrote please. Dont think you quite got it.