Vhf s1 tool breakage monitoring failed

S

Sats

Reaction score
Hi. Need some help. My VHF s1 has developed a problem. Every now and again it brings the error 07. My tool basically doesn't change. The pressure is fine. 8 bars. And i just put a new collet. Also i bit only Genuine tools. Need some ideas on way forward.

Thankyou

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
is it tool measuring problem? Does it start a job with the first bur but fail to change to the next bur or does it not even start?

S

Sats

Reaction score
it does start, it mills with 2mm, but does not change to the next. or sometimes it will mill, change from 2mm to 1mm, but will not change to 0.6mm. orrrr, it will just finish normally.

S

Sats

Reaction score
24879947_10155199346415658_7377395782003192473_o.jpg

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Start by cleaning your tool measuring sensor and replacing your collet. Then try milling. If that milling fails and the tools are not broken, contact your supplier and have them test fetching and storing tools. If that fails and depending on how it fails you may very likely have a damaged spindle which would need to be refurbished.

Just some thoughts with out knowing details.

S

Sats

Reaction score
Thank you. @esamuelr Vhf will in the morning do some testings for me and hopefully my problem can be solved. i will post update. but i have cleaned the sensor, put a new collet. However when we milled a testile the abnormal thing was the walls were aprox 0.6mm all around but the thickness of the tile is 1.2mm ( almost more then double) . and when VHF today tried to do tool measuring with 1mm tool, they said something was wrong with the values, and they asked me to tighten the screws again in the sensor bracket. so tomorow we try again.
i hope i can find a solution fast enough. :(

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we've seen more tool measuring sensors problems than spindle problems, but we have had both. You can also take the tool sensor apart and clean under it...if it's fairly similar to the S2. Stuff gets built up under there.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we also had a situation that seemed like a spindle issue or an axis motor issue but was solved by taking the cover off and cleaning and lubing rails and ball screw assemblies. Might be worth a try before spending a ton on parts and labor.

user name

user name

Reaction score
we also had a situation that seemed like a spindle issue or an axis motor issue but was solved by taking the cover off and cleaning and lubing rails and ball screw assemblies. Might be worth a try before spending a ton on parts and labor.
Might have been a faulting electrical connection that you inadvertently manipulated during cleaning?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Might have been a faulting electrical connection that you inadvertently manipulated during cleaning?

I never inadvertently manipulate anything, advertently yes, but not inadvertently. In this case, the cleaning and such was with the assistance of a tech that was showing us how to fix the problem. We'd had the mill serviced at least twice by Ivoclar without them apparently cleaning or lubricating any of the internals. Just the bare minimum time to fix the current malfunction and then off to the airport to fly off and frantically provide someone else with a quick fix.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I never inadvertently manipulate anything, advertently yes, but not inadvertently. In this case, the cleaning and such was with the assistance of a tech that was showing us how to fix the problem. We'd had the mill serviced at least twice by Ivoclar without them apparently cleaning or lubricating any of the internals. Just the bare minimum time to fix the current malfunction and then off to the airport to fly off and frantically provide someone else with a quick fix.
Im not accusing you of carelessness. Any time a mill is opened up and cleaned and lubed, (hopefully twice a year) wire harnesses and connections are going to be moved. I call that indadvertant. Could be as simple as something being zip tied where it needs more freedom of movement; wire gets flexed the same spot too often and eventually breaks. Cant be seen inside the plastic housing, but causes intermittent loss of continuity. Hence, the old 'smack it' and see if that helps.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
yeah, I've definitely seen that. I opened a mill to find power cable almost worn through by a metal support bar. That would have been exciting if I waited another week.

I suggested cleaning because our issue looked like a spindle or collet or tool holder/measurement or limit switch, but it turned out to be movement issues along one rail causing tools to not be grabbed right or lines on units due to the spindle thinking it had moved into place when it was slightly off.

Mills are fun.

S

Sats

Reaction score
Thankyou all for the reply and advice. So what the problem was. The sensor switch moved down over time. So I had to clean the switch. Push the switch up and tight the screw. Problem solved. But stress it caused was enough toAkeley my Hair stand.

Thankyou all for the help.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...] Hence, the old 'smack it' and see if that helps.
I'm quite fond of laying a soldering iron on top of things and walking away laughing manically. It works.
When they gain sentience I fear I'll find a scalpel on my chair...