Metal Types

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Hi all I have a question on what metal types you are using for your PFM's? We use ceramco 3 porcelain and have been using for years a 80% palladium metal. But with the palladium prices going up we are looking to change. Any info or help on this would be great. Most of our work is zirconium but we still have a high volume of PFM's. Thanks

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I use ARGELITE 75+6 from Argen with Ceramco porcelain. I think the only option to reduce the metal cost would be to find something that uses more silver(Ag). I may have to change metal too if palladium keeps going up in price.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i have found the bego co cr alloys fantastic good fit good color inexpensive easy to cast

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
I use ARGELITE 75+6 from Argen with Ceramco porcelain. I think the only option to reduce the metal cost would be to find something that uses more silver(Ag). I may have to change metal too if palladium keeps going up in price.
yea i was looking at Argelite 61. To me late makes it cheap enough to do the switch. Thanks for your input.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
no its cobalt chrome its still bio compatible though

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Talladium's Tilite is pretty good NP metal. They have several different Tilite alloys depending on the porcelain's CTE. And you can definitely reuse the buttons.
Very lite oxide too. I like to use porcelain bonder from Vision before opaquing.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Wirobond 280 with inline and zero problems.... After i raised the first opaque temp. Been using it about 5 years now.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what the hell are you talking about noble? never heard of that.

now, you want to talk heavy metal, i'm your robot.

a little Amon Amarth, a little Napalm Death...

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Evolution Lite 40% gold .. same as Argen Euro.. Either or, depends on my mood. Been using these for 15 years. No problems with any porcelain I've ever used with them.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
are you guys using nobel alloys for the feel good factor because these days i dont see any difference between cocr alloys and precious bonding alloys in results in fact i reckon that the cocr fits better especially on large bridges after a couple of firings.it is now my 1st choice if asked which alloy to use.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
In my situation, its all they want. I cant get them to use any lower gold content.

C

Campbellslab

Reaction score
Argelite 55 for noble or jenson jp5. We also use tilite for np. Ceramco 3 on it all.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
We already have a NP that we use on a few accounts and PFM'S are going down the road too. Most of our work has been Zirconium and I feel by this time next year I will be hanging up the casting torch. We have been using PG80 for 20 plus years and had to switch on time before when it went up to over $1100. But the problem now is gold is way up too. I think ARGELITE 61 may be our choice for a bit until palladium comes back down. Thanks for all the input and jokes.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and a one and a two and a chicka-booma-chick

Top Bottom