Zahn Dental....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
@JMN is the DLN historian in charge of the archives.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I avoid schein/zahn as well. I have found that I find better things for cheaper/comparable elsewhere with definite better service. Not that Hank/zahn don't have good things if you know what you are buying or who to talk to.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
They will if the doctor lists a fake lab name. They can set up an account and send directly to CMC. ThefingerCMC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Ouch- I didn't know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Zahn can be hit or miss, its really about developing a relationship inside the company if you want to get things done at a higher level.

with regard to the open implants post: They rock, if you are not using open implants you are missing out, they are Implant components designed by technicians for technicians...I look at the fixture replica and say 'Why the hell didn't I think of this!"

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I'm so happy this thread got going, however, dissappointed with the posts. I will pass the URL to the president of HS lab division. I hate the disappointments several of you are sharing and I am going to try to change it. I don't think it can happen overnight, but we will see. I I make any significant progress.

That's a trap. HS called my office and threatened to drop us based on my previous post of needing shade fluid. Even though I am not affiliated with the lab in any way on here, I use this forum for techs to communicate as a personal learning and venting tool, they figured out who I am and called the owner of the lab, and threatened my employment. That's how uncle works, throw their weight around to get what they want. It didn't work, yet.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
That's a trap. HS called my office and threatened to drop us based on my previous post of needing shade fluid. Even though I am not affiliated with the lab in any way on here, I use this forum for techs to communicate as a personal learning and venting tool, they figured out who I am and called the owner of the lab, and threatened my employment. That's how uncle works, throw their weight around to get what they want. It didn't work, yet.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!????? That's waaaay over the line! :mad:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use them, Hank's the only uncle that drops by anymore:(

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I'll admit I was frustrated with the lack of service. To have to deal with a bunch of "red tape" to get something across the boarder was crazy to me. CAP would ship overnight, no red tape at all. No one even tried to help, even after I explained the emergency situation (new doc, patient leaving town, typical story) . All I was asking for was ship it now and deal with the paper work later, nope. I was really hopeful with the acquisition of CAP things would change at HS. I'm glad to see I'm not alone with the lack of service and general care. We are just an account, a number, order and pay, no service above and beyond.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i don't work for HS or Zahn so i have no stake in this, but i get the feeling alot of us are used to working in a smaller environment which provides significantly more room to move and breathe.

I'm not saying Zahn couldn't have done something for you extra @RCKSTR but at the same time, it's not so cut or dry nor is it as easy. Yes, there is a TON of red tape - but that's also because they are combed over through and through and then raked over some more embers by shareholders and customers alike.

This is why companies like CAP or Nowak or Whipmix exist because they have more freedom. But at the same time, i don't think there is anyone at CAP that would say the merger was not beneficial....things like being limited to how large of a Purchase Order could be made then is only a memory now, and today they can throw down a large PO and get the first DWX-52DC's out before almost anyone else - if anyone else remembers, back in the day, CAP was never first out, they had to get pre-orders in before they could even get them.

I've known / worked with / yelled at alot of the current players there - Ken, Beth, Andrew, Rita.........we can yell all we want, but if we, as consumers don't take the time nor due diligence to connect, or at least buy Ken a beer - i think it's a bit unfair. And believe me, there are PLENTY of things for me to be upset, even currently, about towards Zahn and HS - but there are also many pluses as well, and i don't think anyone that actually knows any of the ppl i listed would ever accuse them of not working hard.

But in all honesty, if you needed something quick and shipped over the border - reaching out on DLN or a smaller party would make more sense overall right? If I want to run an extra ethernet cable into an extra room i'm not gonna call the building manager to call our regular cable guy right? I'll call some local guy who can do it real quick?

i am SURE i'll get flamed for this, but i just wanted to voice that in this time and age - we are in need of working as closely together more than ever. IF ANYTHING - to make sure we catch wind of any changes that we need to react to - but really - to create the right relationship.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
i don't work for HS or Zahn so i have no stake in this, but i get the feeling alot of us are used to working in a smaller environment which provides significantly more room to move and breathe.

I'm not saying Zahn couldn't have done something for you extra @RCKSTR but at the same time, it's not so cut or dry nor is it as easy. Yes, there is a TON of red tape - but that's also because they are combed over through and through and then raked over some more embers by shareholders and customers alike.

This is why companies like CAP or Nowak or Whipmix exist because they have more freedom. But at the same time, i don't think there is anyone at CAP that would say the merger was not beneficial....things like being limited to how large of a Purchase Order could be made then is only a memory now, and today they can throw down a large PO and get the first DWX-52DC's out before almost anyone else - if anyone else remembers, back in the day, CAP was never first out, they had to get pre-orders in before they could even get them.

I've known / worked with / yelled at alot of the current players there - Ken, Beth, Andrew, Rita.........we can yell all we want, but if we, as consumers don't take the time nor due diligence to connect, or at least buy Ken a beer - i think it's a bit unfair. And believe me, there are PLENTY of things for me to be upset, even currently, about towards Zahn and HS - but there are also many pluses as well, and i don't think anyone that actually knows any of the ppl i listed would ever accuse them of not working hard.

But in all honesty, if you needed something quick and shipped over the border - reaching out on DLN or a smaller party would make more sense overall right? If I want to run an extra ethernet cable into an extra room i'm not gonna call the building manager to call our regular cable guy right? I'll call some local guy who can do it real quick?

i am SURE i'll get flamed for this, but i just wanted to voice that in this time and age - we are in need of working as closely together more than ever. IF ANYTHING - to make sure we catch wind of any changes that we need to react to - but really - to create the right relationship.

Completely disagree. I worked for the largest milling center in western canada at one time, and if a customer needed a special rush or favor, I would be there until 2 in the morning, or on weekends, multiple trips to the facility, drop cases off at the greyhound so they would get it on a Sunday, whatever it took to keep the customer (not account) happy and their business succeeding.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Completely disagree. I worked for the largest milling center in western canada at one time, and if a customer needed a special rush or favor, I would be there until 2 in the morning, or on weekends, multiple trips to the facility, drop cases off at the greyhound so they would get it on a Sunday, whatever it took to keep the customer (not account) happy and their business succeeding.

i'm sorry RCKSTR but a milling center is not the same as a conglomerate organism with multiple moving parts like Zahn. And for the record, I have had situations where i needed exactly that a rush mill + overnight - and Ryan Faufau at CMC has done that for me, as has CAP. Actually CAP had once almost gotten on an AMTRAK to deliver it to us.

LIke I said, you may not like what i'm saying - but the service your expecting is a 2 way street right? even from us to our doctors. If that relationship isn't well founded to begin with - how do you expect to achieve something like that when an emergency arises?

I am NOT saying they COULDN'T be more like that - i think it is something that Rita and Ken take very seriously - but it takes many hands on deck to change the course of a Navy Carrier right? easier to change in a tugboat.

Like i Said, i'm sorry you had such difficult - maybe next time reach out to one of your DLN brethren and we can help out.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score

This leaves me absolutely speechless. Wow, just wow.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi RCKSTR,
As a director at HS - Zahn, I can assure you none of this has come from the top management. Can you please PM me your phone number as I would love to get to the bottom of this. When being part of such a large company, sometimes there are things said that are not representative of the company. At any rate, I would love to chat with you. I would love to fix this for you and all other customers as well and for HS. Please trust me, none of the people on the top at HS want anyone treated as you have described. Lastly, I am in a position to make sure this does not happen again provided I can get additional info.
Thanks so much, I'm patiently waiting to discuss this with you.
And, I'm so sorry and unhappy to hear this news.
Bob