Ivoclar Digital PM3 Vs PM5 Vs PM7

• Thread starter Delta Milling Center
  • Start date
D

Delta Milling Center

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I looking to buy a new Milling machine and I'm interesseted by the new ivoclar Digital PrograMill.
The probleme that I didn't find lot of information about it.
I want to know what the difference between those 3 machines.

Thx

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Pm3 is more for chairside, pm5 and 7 would be for the lab.. not a lot of info out yet. But talking to people working with them and they say things are looking very good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Pm3 is more for chairside, pm5 and 7 would be for the lab.. not a lot of info out yet. But talking to people working with them and they say things are looking very good.

Actually the PrograMill ONE is the PracticeLab (chairside)/small lab mill.

The main difference between the 3 & 5 is the 5 has an eight position material changer and optional Ionizer for cleaner PMMA milling.

The 7 will have the changer, Ionizer(standard),an upgraded spindle and servo motors instead of step motors for higher speed and efficiency.

Here is a picture of our positioning for the mills.

Economy = PrograMill One or PM3
Medium = PM5
Premium = PM7

upload_2017-8-9_10-45-11.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification Patrick.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they are that good you dont even need a technician.sorry couldnt resist

G

grantoz

Reaction score
having a good day are you buddy

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
lets just say the claw hammer is dented and I may need that fighting fund!!!

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Have they released pricing information yet?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
pricing is NOT finalized - we are one of the early orders for the PM7.

Obviously with the clinical market i think they are very focused on the PM1 which should be released in October.

Given how other mills have been deployed at Ivoclar i'm not even personally expecting my PM7 until 2018. That's fine - i'd rather they have more internal training and set up than for me to be beta testing for them.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
for the record the new mill is not made from VHF. I believe the new manufacturer has a 1 yr grace period before they are allowed to see their own version of it, but if i am understanding correctly, the CAM that is attached to the PM mills are FROM ivoclar.

PS i saw the Z4 at IDS and it was insanely underwhelming. They use these color chock blocks for bur sorting and while it may compete against the PM1 - it was very poorly put together compared to how the PM1 was running.

My favorite easter egg with the PM357 although i don't know if it'll ever show up for use is that there were profiles for non 98mm + 10mm rim pucks - meaning there may be even more versatility built into it

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Have they released pricing information yet?
I haven't gotten real pricing yet either, hopefully soon. But, the 50,60,70 is close to what I've been hearing. But that could all change before release.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
thanks cadfan i nearly laughed coffee out my nose

G

grantoz

Reaction score
something that i came across on a sirona site was the letter from ivoclar stating that they had been kicked of the sirona site for effectively being a competitor so now sirona doesnt like them either.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Actually, all our new mills are being built by us in our Burs, Austria plant. So the mill, CAM, and CNC software will all be IV.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Anyone get to see these machines in Chicago? Really looking forward to seeing these in action...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone get to see these machines in Chicago?

I did. They only had a PM7 and a PM1 on the show floor. Both should be available towards the end of the year. The 3 and 5 somewhen after...

The PM7 is a beast. It is sold with the cabinet and suction unit as one module... No air required. if I remember correctly, you have to pony up $80'000+ for that one.

The PM1 is a single unit wet (only) mill. Again, no air required. Suitable for (very) small labs and dental offices. Or if you need something to mill your e.maxs. And it is controlled with your phone or tablet!

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Thanks! looking forward to seeing it!

Top Bottom