Itero and opposing preps

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a persistent and super annoying problem that neither 3shape nor itero can solve. Whenever I have preps opposing each other, one arch will have the annotations and margins on the opposite side of the arch and all buggered up. It happens everytime. I can't seem to ignore the scanning annotations, and if I try to do any tricks with importing scans and splitting the file up my model builder won't let me (I have 3rd party, not stl.)

Any ideas? This must happen to everyone all the time!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not sure i understand the problem. never seen this myself.

version? what kind of file are you importing is it a 3oxz? are the digital arches already ditched or are they solid scans? is this perhaps the doc marking preps with the wrong numbers?

how do you mean 3shape cant solve this problem? who have you contacted?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Pictures would help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

C

chooch0918

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a persistent and super annoying problem that neither 3shape nor itero can solve. Whenever I have preps opposing each other, one arch will have the annotations and margins on the opposite side of the arch and all buggered up. It happens everytime. I can't seem to ignore the scanning annotations, and if I try to do any tricks with importing scans and splitting the file up my model builder won't let me (I have 3rd party, not stl.)

Any ideas? This must happen to everyone all the time!

Yes, We deal with this too. It's a pain. The way we go around it is to :
Export case as OPEN MODEL
Import into 3shape and mark margins yourself.

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
I just came here to try and post pictures. But I'll try that. I've never message around with the different export options. The only problem though is that I import it as an open model I won't be able to use model builder on it, as I have the 3rd party license but not stl.

Thanks for the thought, I'll try it anyways and see what happens

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-18_18-57-10.png
    upload_2017-7-18_18-57-10.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom