Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Never. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I got a lower molar instead of my # 3 molar from Argen. Lately there is "something" with almost every batch I get back.
Can some one recommend a milling center with consistent good quality and good turn around time to PA. My last batch I got today has a FCZ with half of the buccal at 0.! to 0.15 mm thickness even though their default is 0.45 mm. I think I should send somewhere else

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I got a lower molar instead of my # 3 molar from Argen. Lately there is "something" with almost every batch I get back.
Can some one recommend a milling center with consistent good quality and good turn around time to PA. My last batch I got today has a FCZ with half of the buccal at 0.! to 0.15 mm thickness even though their default is 0.45 mm. I think I should send somewhere else
have you informed them of the problem?

We don't like it when dentists switch labs without letting us know they weren't happy.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Of course. This case is due Friday 9 am. The earliest I can get a new crown is Friday 8:30 am. I will have to deliver the crown with thin buccal portion and hope it will not fracture. I am too scared to postpone the patient.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Of course. This case is due Friday 9 am. The earliest I can get a new crown is Friday 8:30 am. I will have to deliver the crown with thin buccal portion and hope it will not fracture. I am too scared to postpone the patient.

Nothing to be "scared" of here. Just call them and explain what's going on. I would hope that the doctor would be grateful that you were concerned enough about the crown failing in the patient's mouth that you were willing to cancel the appointment and do it properly. This would be the better avenue to take imo.
A broken appointment is better than a broken crown.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Nothing to be "scared" of here. Just call them and explain what's going on. I would hope that the doctor would be grateful that you were concerned enough about the crown failing in the patient's mouth that you were willing to cancel the appointment and do it properly. This would be the better avenue to take imo.
A broken appointment is better than a broken crown.
I agree, called the Dr. and no problem! Postponed.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I give up :( came in today just to checkout cases coming back from Argen. First bag I open and one FCZ crown will not seat, not even close, to small.
You can see a long vertical milled out area on lingual. Someone there is totally clueless :rolleyes:. How is it possible to think this crown would fit ? .
Never again, will never use Argen for zirconia, only for metal crowns.......
Now I'm up to 5 crowns over the past 4 months I need to send back to Argen for credit. Banghead

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I give up :( came in today just to checkout cases coming back from Argen. First bag I open and one FCZ crown will not seat, not even close, to small.
You can see a long vertical milled out area on lingual. Someone there is totally clueless :rolleyes:. How is it possible to think this crown would fit ? .
Never again, will never use Argen for zirconia, only for metal crowns.......
Now I'm up to 5 crowns over the past 4 months I need to send back to Argen for credit. Banghead

I've had the "wrong crown" problem a few times, but not too many. My beef has been with the shades. After sending several cases back for this, they finally put me on the VIP list. (At least that's what they call it :D)
Now things seem to be going better. I get good fits. The only problem I've had lately is a 12 unit PMMA that had a spring in it. Sending it back. That stuff never seems to fit good no matter who mills it.

Tell them to put you on the VIP list Charles...but then again you might already be on it! ;)

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I've had the "wrong crown" problem a few times, but not too many. My beef has been with the shades. After sending several cases back for this, they finally put me on the VIP list. (At least that's what they call it :D)
Now things seem to be going better. I get good fits. The only problem I've had lately is a 12 unit PMMA that had a spring in it. Sending it back. That stuff never seems to fit good no matter who mills it.

Tell them to put you on the VIP list Charles...but then again you might already be on it! ;)
Is there a minimum of units one must send to be on the VIP list

C

charles007

Reaction score
VP... lol, I had the top VP call me last year after reading my posts here on DLN...
The crown from today was a mistake of the bar code I'm sure.. Everybody makes mistakes but I rather use
small milling labs which never make mistakes like these. This small group of fcz crowns was sent in with other DPM metal crowns..
To Argen's credit, Argen does have some of the best support of the many companies I've worked with over the many years in the lab business.

Top Bottom