Issues with ColLab2013

P

Prosthodontics

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their ColLab2013 update?

I have an Identica Blue scanner (2015),running Windows 10 and running 2015 version 5675 exocad. ColLab kicks me off every time when I press the scan button in both ColLab itself or via the exocad link. The original Identica Blue software works still though.

Once the problem with ColLab is rectified, does anyone shed any light how to remove the "scan" button in exocad DB that links the old Identica Blue software and just leave the ColLab button?

TIA.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
By any chance did you mean 'ColLab 2017' update ? I have the same problem , I couldn't get my reseller to return my calls so ended up installing the update myself. I'm pretty sure I installed in the wrong directory as it now uses an older version of Exo . At first It wouldn't re calibrate my scanner because it was reading the old calibration file from my last scanner (so I ended up copy and paste the file to the location) . Anyway, I got everything working again but am not using the 'ColLab update' because it's still screwed up :( . Lol , I just don't want to mess with it any more as it's working okay .

J

JeromeLee

Reaction score
Hi, this is Jerome from Medit. I think I can help with your problem. If you see this message, please contact [email protected] with your S/N.
Thanks.

J

JeromeLee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their ColLab2013 update?

I have an Identica Blue scanner (2015),running Windows 10 and running 2015 version 5675 exocad. ColLab kicks me off every time when I press the scan button in both ColLab itself or via the exocad link. The original Identica Blue software works still though.

Once the problem with ColLab is rectified, does anyone shed any light how to remove the "scan" button in exocad DB that links the old Identica Blue software and just leave the ColLab button?

TIA.

As I told in my reply, I can support you via teamviewer. It can be solved by chagning exocad setting file. So please let me know teamviewer ID and PW too.
I'll wait for your contact.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
To remove buttons check 2 files: defaultsettings-db.xml and settings-db.xml, they are in your exocad instalation DentalDB/Config folder. Buttons are listed between <StartButtonList> </StartButtonList> tags.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I fixed this problem by editing the colab xml settings Settings.PNG

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I too noticed the abnormalities and glitches with colLab and exocad today. My buttons in DB were all missing... Import... Scan... Upload ...etc... ALL!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Now scanner will not connect...... went to device manager and updated USB drivers....still won't connect......GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!! MEDIT!!!!!!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Maybe they try to copy to much from bug shape ???

J

JeromeLee

Reaction score
Hi,

TIA.

How are you? I'm waiting for your contact. Please let send me an e-mail about your problem and then I can help you.
Thanks.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hey guys!!!

Last night I did a complete re-install. Runnning this morning .:) ... I'll let you know how it goes....:cool:

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

So my issue was the scanner was not connecting. I updated USB drivers and still nothing. Error message popped up in colLAB UI ...." camera not connected"....Went to Point Grey to DL drivers but wasn't sure of the camera model. After some research, I determined the model based from the Device Manager UI....CHMN...etc. Went back to point Grey to DL, but had to register wit them in order to download...waited and waited for confirmation email....
My patience wore thin.....lost 3 days work without colLab...Not Point Grey's fault I might add. Just sayin! Finally I decided to do a complete re-install of colLaAB and signed in to the website....Scanning my first case this morning. Back in the saddle again!!!

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

So my issue was the scanner was not connecting. I updated USB drivers and still nothing. Error message popped up in colLAB UI ...." camera not connected"....Went to Point Grey to DL drivers but wasn't sure of the camera model. After some research, I determined the model based from the Device Manager UI....CHMN...etc. Went back to point Grey to DL, but had to register wit them in order to download...waited and waited for confirmation email....
My patience wore thin.....lost 3 days work without colLab...Not Point Grey's fault I might add. Just sayin! Finally I decided to do a complete re-install of colLaAB and signed in to the website....Scanning my first case this morning. Back in the saddle again!!!

Thank you for the follow up post. If this happens again, please contact me or email [email protected]. There is no need to mess with this for three days when one of our technicians can log onto the computer and solve the issue. At the first sign of trouble contact your dealer or Medit support. If you solve the problem before they can log on then you can just cancel the support request. Our support team's goal is to minimize your downtime.

-Glenn

C

charles007

Reaction score
100% trouble free working with Chris Brown as my Support team..
Glenn, I did make a few suggestion to Chris on improvements for the scanning software... ;)

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
@Glenn Kennedy and @JeromeLee

Please provide some transparency on whats causing this issue. Even though its up and running it's taking forever just to connect,,,,,and its not my internet speed.

Timed it this afternoon....1min 36 sec to connect in colLAB UI and be ready for scanning from exocad DB.