Ivoclar FPF-function (Fully automatic Press Function)

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
Oh joy, the German mafia vs. the Liechtensteinian mafia. Too many slim cut suits and skinny jean looking pants. And can't forget the super shiny black shoes.

Everyone but the dental techs wins!

C

Charles Keller RDL

Reaction score
Hey Pat. Hope you're well. Does the new FPF work with zirpress and PoM? Thanks!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey Pat. Hope you're well. Does the new FPF work with zirpress and PoM? Thanks!
Hey Charles, hope the new endeavor is working well for you!

Just talked with one of the developers of the furnace and as of now it is only validated and recommended for IPS e.maxPress Lithium Disilicate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

C

Charles Keller RDL

Reaction score
Hey Charles, hope the new endeavor is working well for you!

Just talked with one of the developers of the furnace and as of now it is only validated and recommended for IPS e.maxPress Lithium Disilicate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks!!

C

Charles Keller RDL

Reaction score
I wasn't questioning your integrity Patrick, I was referring to Ivoclars lack of support for other furnaces.
Agreed. I CANNOT believe this FPF function will not work with my slightly aged EP500 either. I mean, it essentially does the same thing as the 5000 and 5010, right.....?;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I CANNOT believe this FPF function will not work with my slightly aged EP500 either. I mean, it essentially does the same thing as the 5000 and 5010, right.....?;)
"Essentially" it does the same thing as the Russian dude with the bricks....

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi @Patrick Coon , Is it possible to get a lower emax value using this smart pressing?
I have a feeling we are getting a more translucent restoration ever since we switched to this new press cycle.
In some veneer cases the underneath shade dentition is showing through. Please see attached picture.
Thank you

Attachments

• File Jun 14, 12 58 07 PM.jpeg
    File Jun 14, 12 58 07 PM.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 40
Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi @Patrick Coon , Is it possible to get a lower emax value using this smart pressing?
I have a feeling we are getting a more translucent restoration ever since we switched to this new press cycle.
In some veneer cases the underneath shade dentition is showing through. Please see attached picture.
Thank you

I have not heard of this happening, but it doesn't mean it won't.

How thick are the restorations and what translucency ingot are you using. I have seen this with HTs that are very thin (die shade bleeds through too much) or if the doctor is starting to use a different shade of cement. I would think this could be helped with a little brighter shade of cement (instead of a neutral or chroma enhanced cement).

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
LT BL2 and this is going to be a remake, I'm back to the old pressing cycle for veneers at least.
I'm advising this client to use a brighter shade of cement, Thank you

Top Bottom