Ivoclar FPF-function (Fully automatic Press Function)

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Ivoclar FPF-function (Fully automatic Press Function) was released yesterday for their latest press furnaces.
@Patrick Coon any extra information (advantage) you can provide about this, before we start using it?
Thank you
Bio

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Well, so far we just pressed our first 200g ring and we are waiting for the results.
Very interesting to see the furnace's temperature fluctuates around the final press temp lowering as much as 40C.
IRT camera is not activated, and there is one "program" for all types of ingots and ring size.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Ivoclar FPF-function (Fully automatic Press Function) was released yesterday for their latest press furnaces.
@Patrick Coon any extra information (advantage) you can provide about this, before we start using it?
Thank you
Bio

Basically what happens, is at it heats it will actually use the sensors in the press drive to check the consistency of the ingot material and begin the press procedure as soon as the ingot reaches the ideal consistency. This will reduce mispresses, reaction layer, and average pressing time.

Glad you said something, I hadn't seen the release yet, was expecting it. Will have to update my furnaces in Sarasota before my press class next week.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, I just gave the OK to press our second 200g LT ring using the "new press button" Lets see what happens. :)

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, I just gave the OK to press our second 200g LT ring using the "new press button" Lets see what happens. :)

Keep me in the loop. I'd love to know how it goes for you! Pictures of your pressings after divesting and Invex, but before AlOx blasting would be great. Would love to see the surface texture and reaction layer. This will be even better in conjunction with the release of PressVest Premium which can be used for either fast or slow burnout and will decrease the reaction layer even further.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Holy Moly!! we are freak out here, pressing time has been reduced by at least 15 minutes, @ 870 C press temperature with 0 (cero) reaction layer.
Thumbs up for Ivoclar here !!

We'll try the brick technique at midnight Banghead

Attachments

• File May 02, 3 39 07 PM.jpeg
    File May 02, 3 39 07 PM.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 79
  • File May 02, 3 40 03 PM.jpeg
    File May 02, 3 40 03 PM.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 78
  • File May 02, 3 40 56 PM.jpeg
    File May 02, 3 40 56 PM.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 94
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Was this a firmware update? Which ovans?

Download link?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Was this a firmware update? Which ovans?

Download link?
Only for 3010/5010, unfortunately. Available on the download section of ivoclarvivadent.us

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
More frustrations from IVO.

Its not like the flagship EP5000 is so much different than the 5010, Oh yeah the very popular and necessary dental MP3 player must have something to do with it

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
More frustrations from IVO.

Its not like the flagship EP5000 is so much different than the 5010, Oh yeah the very popular and necessary dental MP3 player must have something to do with it
same with the 3000 i am sitting with. there literally is no difference in the mechanics of the board etc from what my rep said. sad to see they wont be giving me the upgrade because i dont have a XX10 press.
meh, cmon ivoclar. i support the **** out of your products. throw us a bone here

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi guys, unfortunately it has more to do with the software the furnaces are run on and the licensing with the operating system company than anything else. We write the furnace software, but not the computer o.s. it runs on.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Sorry you feel I would B.S. you CRob. But knowing these furnaces are not the same, and that they do run on different operating systems, I am comfortable with my answer.

If you want to discuss it further, without questioning my integrity, I am willing.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sorry you feel I would B.S. you CRob. But knowing these furnaces are not the same, and that they do run on different operating systems, I am comfortable with my answer.

If you want to discuss it further, without questioning my integrity, I am willing.

I wasn't questioning your integrity Patrick, I was referring to Ivoclars lack of support for other furnaces.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys, unfortunately it has more to do with the software the furnaces are run on and the licensing with the operating system company than anything else. We write the furnace software, but not the computer o.s. it runs on.

can you send me the program? can we put it in an individual program?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
@Patrick Coon can you tell me what is significantly different about the 3000 vs 3010 and 5000 vs 5010 as far as the operating system? MP3 player is great and all but that doesnt count for much and it was my understanding that just the display was different....the boards were the same.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
the ep 5010 has an infrared camera, very nice new feature. Anyways I was talking to a friend last night who owns a Zubler furnace and he explained to me this new technology is somewhat similar to his oven. Any extra information is welcome. Thank you

Top Bottom