Dentsply Celtra

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
thats some loaded questioning there, @Terry Whitty
how the Drs accept them will be determined by 2 major factors in my opinion.
1. the almighty dollar. lets be honest, no matter which political party you belong to this economy is in the sh*tter and the vast majority of docs are looking at the bottom line only. i say only and i mean ONLY. dont believe me? ask what their accountants tell them. i have had 5 this year alone tell me that its "all about the bottom line" because "insurance is paying less and less" and their "cost of operating" is rising dramatically. these are quotes because they are literal text quotes from client and perspective clients. now, not all areas and not all doctors will see #1 as their big reason but i stick to my guns that its the vast majority of them throughout the country.
2. ease of use. it must be easier or equally easy to use as emax. they have enough to deal with that they dont want more changes mucking up their streamlined processes in house. ease of use also goes hand in hand with information....not just from us labs, but from the manufacturers as well. the fact that we STILL occasionally run into a Dr that asks what emax is (believe it or not) scares me and tells me that if Ivoclar hasnt penetrated the market after 15years then GC, Dentsply, and the others have a very long uphill battle of marketing this beast and all its bells and whistles.

can the companies pull the marketing off? honestly, im not sure. Dentsply has the edge being that they have a massive market share worldwide. are their actually advantages for the Dr and patient? i dont see any as of yet. the advantages i see are on the lab side so far. and if we (as labs) continue to cut each others throats via pricing, there is no significant clinical difference that i see yet. so we are on the same page there, Terry.

my take.....milling and printing will continue to take over the scene and eventually this sort of thing will decline like gold crowns and PFMs have.
Very well said [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
my guess right now, both.
but i have a case of investment and i will probably toy with pressing some emax and investing metal to cast too.

So Bob, did you ever try this investment with the metal or Emax? Results? I am really interested in this stuff. What does a pack of pellets cost? Did you have to make a custom pressing program for it or did you use an existing Emax program?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
the investment is nice to use, but not as forgiving as microstar for extended burnouts (like i forgot to press when the timer went off LOL). results are decent though, no complaints. end of the day i am back to tried and true microstar.
press pellets as costly. i was told the rollout would be less than emax ingots.....guess what, its not. ive no clue what they were thinking. you cant compete like that nowadays.

and it has its own press program. cant press like emax, its a slightly longer press cycle.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
the investment is nice to use, but not as forgiving as microstar for extended burnouts (like i forgot to press when the timer went off LOL). results are decent though, no complaints. end of the day i am back to tried and true microstar.
press pellets as costly. i was told the rollout would be less than emax ingots.....guess what, its not. ive no clue what they were thinking. you cant compete like that nowadays.

and it has its own press program. cant press like emax, its a slightly longer press cycle.

That leads to another question. Have you tried using your Microstar with the Celtra?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That leads to another question. Have you tried using your Microstar with the Celtra?
that is the one thing i havent yet done...and i want to.
my hope is that the reaction layer will still be gone or mostly eliminated, AND that the press will turn out great. that would be a lovely little bonus!

i have some presses coming up this weekend (here now working away). if i have a celtra ingot, i will give one a shot and see how it turns out. will go put the celtra on my desk now to remind myself LOL

D

Devon

Reaction score
Hey Bob, did the Celtra investment work well for any other systems, specifically e.max? Also did the Celtra press perform well in Microstar investment as you said?

Thanks!

G

grili

Reaction score
Anybody have clinical case from cellar to show?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
But you quit because? And don't just give us the "well it's Dentsply" reply.
honestly, i love the way it turns out....i love the opalescence of their ingots. HOWEVER.......
it was not supposed to be "more" work than emax. it wasnt supposed to cost me more either. what i found was #1 the reaction layer was worse than emax. played with pressing temps for weeks with tech support and got nowhere except mispresses. (they did replace ingots). end result was deep 'orange-peel' pits and too much labor trying to smooth them out. i get zero issues with Lisi press and less reaction layer with emax. #2 cost...not a whole lot less expensive than emax. and when you throw in fighting with more reaction layer or mis presses...and again, Lisi is significantly less expensive.

end result i switched most pressings to Lisi Press. stopped using Celtra, even though i really like how they look.
BONUS INFO!!!!!!! i lovelovelove Celtra Press Investment! been using microstar for nearly 20 years and i finally found something i like more (for pressables)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
BONUS INFO!!!!!!! i lovelovelove Celtra Press Investment! been using microstar for nearly 20 years and i finally found something i like more (for pressables)

Not to deny results but also switched after decade to a new investment. After trying and then now on my fifth box,
I’ve found DVA CreamPress amazing. I’ve also started casting with the same great results. Pressings drop on clean, no fitting. I press for a couple other techs and they have also noticed the fits. There’s enough stuff to frustrate us everyday so give this one a try.
7F56C96D-823F-4031-A394-25693A9F7333.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not to deny results but also switched after decade to a new investment. After trying and then now on my fifth box,
I’ve found DVA CreamPress amazing. I’ve also started casting with the same great results. Pressings drop on clean, no fitting. I press for a couple other techs and they have also noticed the fits. There’s enough stuff to frustrate us everyday so give this one a try.
View attachment 30025
Those folks have some nice products.

statho007

statho007

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody know if e.max ceram is compatible with Celtra Press ingot??
Thanks in advance.

S

Sebastiano

Reaction score
honestly I have stratified about 10 celtra crown with emax ceramic and so far no problem, but can someone more expert explain to me why they are not compatible?

user name

user name

Reaction score
honestly I have stratified about 10 celtra crown with emax ceramic and so far no problem, but can someone more expert explain to me why they are not compatible?
e.Max Ceram has a CTE of 10.5-11.0
Celtra is 9-10

Chances of long term bond are not favorable.

S

Sebastiano

Reaction score
I believed that the emax ceram was similar to the celtra ceram 32764 32765

S

Sebastiano

Reaction score
I apologize if I'm wrong, but with your advice I try to increase my knowledge

Top Bottom