Impression HELP Needed

user name

user name

Reaction score
One of my favorite impression trays is the Ultradent Trio Tray Pro-Lock. Rigid chrome frame with replaceable inserts. The inserts are no longer available.:(

Is anyone aware of another insert that will work or another rigid triple tray...not flexible!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I like these, made by Discus Dental
discusdentaltray.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-16_12-28-26.png
    upload_2017-2-16_12-28-26.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 27
user name

user name

Reaction score
Whats the brand on those Tayeb?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0028.JPG Gordon says these are the best (according to the doc). Name on the handle is premier". Dealo_O

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks. If those had a side wall Id like them more.
Bob, the impression material create the wall, those are very sturdy. Anything with plastic frame will flex. Other than that is a metallic quadrant imp. tray imo.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks. If those had a side wall Id like them more.
why do you want a side wall? the tray is just a delivery method for material. its not technically needed for taking an accurate impression. sidewalls just put more gunk in the mouth to throw off the bite IMO

user name

user name

Reaction score
why do you want a side wall? the tray is just a delivery method for material. its not technically needed for taking an accurate impression. sidewalls just put more gunk in the mouth to throw off the bite IMO
I like a bit of a support. No fake attempt at substantiation...I just think the design is better.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The more I look at all them trays...I hate all of them. Matter of fact I can't stand triple trays...take a quadrant, much more accurate in my opinion. Sure, you have to take a bite and there is some lab articulation involved but I continually see much better results from Docs that use quadrant trays versus triple trays. It's okay to disagree, maybe you can change my mind, curious your thoughts though....oops, did I just hijack a thread, sorry....kinda :p

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The more I look at all them trays...I hate all of them. Matter of fact I can't stand triple trays...take a quadrant, much more accurate in my opinion. Sure, you have to take a bite and there is some lab articulation involved but I continually see much better results from Docs that use quadrant trays versus triple trays. It's okay to disagree, maybe you can change my mind, curious your thoughts though....oops, did I just hijack a thread, sorry....kinda :p
I now look at all PVS impressions with the same disdain.My plaster room has never looked so clean.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i have ONE client that takes full arch impressions on everything. one out of 30 or so.
you know what? he has the best preps, best margins, and is hands down the best client and dr around. no remakes, no adjustments. at all, ever. if i had a crown that needed to be made he is the only one i would see.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i have ONE client that takes full arch impressions on everything. one out of 30 or so.
you know what? he has the best preps, best margins, and is hands down the best client and dr around. no remakes, no adjustments. at all, ever. if i had a crown that needed to be made he is the only one i would see.
Which lab would he send to?