Inter-proximal contacts??!!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
ok maybe i phrased my question wrong. i wasnt referring to checking margins on the solid. i was referring to knowing when the contacts are seated. you said you can tell by the pic you posted that the crown was seated 95% of the way down. i am asking how you determine that its 95% down? i dont "check" margins on the solid model, but i use them as a tool to verify when the crown is seated on the solid. based on the picture you posted i have absolutely no idea how you can tell its seated 95% of the way and i want to learn what youre seeing to give you that confidence.
i do absolutely agree that final seat of contacts (especially on veneers) are the most tedious thing we do in the lab. takes a very long time and sometimes crazy patience to get them all just where its required.
Oh.
The marginal ridges are higher here compared to the working model.
Can take crown and push it firm in working model and dies spread and contacts look better.
My guess is two hits with my rubber disk in the middle of the distal contact and the lingual would drop down and contacts would look much nicer.

image.jpeg

I use this for those last final touches. Pretty happy with it.

image.jpeg

Toothgnome

Toothgnome

Reaction score
All my models are done on Monotrac system
We had also tried the monotrac system....saved a lot of time in the plaster room, but then we started getting the complaints about the contacts.
We have always checked our contacts on a separate solid model, so we assumed that it was the usual...poor temps.
But the complaints kept increasing and finally the owner had had enough. We went back to the pindex models and there went 90 % of our complaints!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We had also tried the monotrac system....saved a lot of time in the plaster room, but then we started getting the complaints about the contacts.
We have always checked our contacts on a separate solid model, so we assumed that it was the usual...poor temps.
But the complaints kept increasing and finally the owner had had enough. We went back to the pindex models and there went 90 % of our complaints!
So if you use a solid cast to check interproximal contacts at the end, dose it really make any difference if the model work is done on Monotrac or conventional pidex system? Just a question :)

Toothgnome

Toothgnome

Reaction score
So if you use a solid cast to check interproximal contacts at the end, dose it really make any difference if the model work is done on Monotrac or conventional pidex system? Just a question :)
I wouldn't think so. The monotrac was so simple and clean, but in the end, that was the only variable. I talked with the inventor/owner of monotrac several times and we followed the directions religiously, but I guess there was still movement somewhere. (Curiously, the contacts would be great on the working model, but slightly open on the solid! We would add a little to the contact to close it up and it would be too tight on the working!)