market share of pfms?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Anyone have data on the % of pfms prescribed?
Is it still the industry standard?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I thought I read an old LMT from last year that pegged it around that mark,maybe 20%?
I'd like to find that link.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Ours are about 50/50 give or take.

I would like to do less PFM's but some of the older guys won't make the change.....used em for years....close bite so we'd better have a PFM etc.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looking at my numbers in I am up 600% in Jan compared to Dec. We did a whopping 29 crowns with metal substrates :)

Its almost gone in my lab.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
2016 for us it was 11% of all crowns made for the year.
2017 so far its jumped a bunch to 28%. granted this is only a month into the year but still thats a rather steep jump to start us off!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I am seeing an increase in PFM's as well...from about 5% last year we are up to about 15%, FCZ's are taking a hit...Dontknow

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
PFM is 95% of my work.
I am one man show, that is probably why.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Funny how things change according to where you are geographically. I just moved from Richmond,Va. to Greenville, NC. Richmond.... every case was a Bruxir.....here......Emax and PFM's.

I've done 39 sales calls so far this week. Never got past the gatekeeper on any of them, except for one, which was the third time I'd visited, and he proceeded to tell me he did Everything with Cerec. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. either way, I told him I was less than a mile from his office and if he needed me, I'd be there.

I went to the car, and it was all I could do to keep from blowing my brains out. At 61, and doing this **** for 43 years, I still have to prove my worthiness to a kid.

SMH

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im with 2thm8kr. I havent touched any metal in 2-3 years now. If you have Drs requesting something other than FCZ, you might want to look at your FCZ. I had the opportunity recently to see some FCZ done by other labs in my area. Ive never seen worse work. No insult to anyone, but we have materials that look nicer than any PFM. It takes work. Maybe that's the problem...mill, dip and sinter doesn't produce a nice crown.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I had a long answer typed out and thought who the hell am I going to argue with here. No need I know what I know
I hear you John.
I remember the flak that Mark Jackson took on here for saying" the last thing dentistry needs is another way to make a butt margin".
The poor bugger was right all along and he knew it.
I only feel ptiy for the angry dinosaurs

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny how things change according to where you are geographically. I just moved from Richmond,Va. to Greenville, NC. Richmond.... every case was a Bruxir.....here......Emax and PFM's.

I've done 39 sales calls so far this week. Never got past the gatekeeper on any of them, except for one, which was the third time I'd visited, and he proceeded to tell me he did Everything with Cerec. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. either way, I told him I was less than a mile from his office and if he needed me, I'd be there.

I went to the car, and it was all I could do to keep from blowing my brains out. At 61, and doing this **** for 43 years, I still have to prove my worthiness to a kid.

SMH
Hang in there, all you can do is let them know you're there. He'll figure out he needs the oasis you provide when he gets tired of wasting operatory time and patients being upset that he's always behind.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
JYNX ! :banghead: Thanks guys, Just picked up two FC and a three unit pfm. I would otherwise say those
type of cases are about 10% of monthly workflow.
Still happy to get the work though .

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know of 2 labs doing better than 85% FC or PFM