Inter-proximal contacts??!!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have a client who has issues with interproximal contacts, I use die keen and adhere to mixing protocols. Before I deliver the cases, I check and check and the contact are spot on.

The client calls I complaint that the contacts are tight please make them lighter, six months or so later calls that contacts are loose please make them tighter. It has been going like this for years.I try to explain how do the contacts look on the model? He says it is good on the model, and he ask me if I have changed any procedure lately?. Not at all I say.

I scan, mill and sinter zirconia in house. I ask him about the temps and who dose the temps?,and if more that one assistant dose temp?and or the problem happens to a crown with one contact points?, and or if the temps are out of occlusion?.the answer is always we have no issues here!!. I seldom have an issue with contacts with other clients.

I am thinking from my side that What I could change is the die stone to see if things are better at his side.

Your feedback is appreciated.Banghead

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ask if during temping the contacts are purposely loose. then ask if when removing temp there is a lot of food in the contact trap. then ask if 6 months down the road they find the pt's have food buildup in the same area.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We need good feedback my honorable colleagues:)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That wasn't good enough for you?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have a client who has issues with interproximal contacts, I use die keen and adhere to mixing protocols. Before I deliver the cases, I check and check and the contact are spot on.

The client calls I complaint that the contacts are tight please make them lighter, six months or so later calls that contacts are loose please make them tighter. It has been going like this for years.I try to explain how do the contacts look on the model? He says it is good on the model, and he ask me if I have changed any procedure lately?. Not at all I say.

I scan, mill and sinter zirconia in house. I ask him about the temps and who dose the temps?,and if more that one assistant dose temp?and or the problem happens to a crown with one contact points?, and or if the temps are out of occlusion?.the answer is always we have no issues here!!. I seldom have an issue with contacts with other clients.

I am thinking from my side that What I could change is the die stone to see if things are better at his side.

if its the only client having the issues...changing your die stone will only change your procedures and wont fix the problem. the issues are chairside. 25-30 clients here and with the exception of one Dr that wants to grind his own contacts in (he requests them uber tight) we have zero contact issues across the board. had one guy that complained for a few months....and i asked if he was having the same issue prior to sending us his work. he said yes the other lab "just couldnt get it right". so i sat down with him and went through all of this. turns out the temps being made by his assistants were horribly inaccurate and unreliable. got that fixed and now every crown drops in. and THAT is why we get the work and the "other" lab doesnt any more. they tried to put a band-aid on the problem. we educated and addressed the actual issues.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Do you seat crowns on the solid model ??
I used to for him , and his contacts where light as he said, that's why I don't use them anymore for him

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
#1 is this it guarantees it is NOT your models or movement of dies and covers your ass.
If they seat on the solid model 95 % down than its on him.
You seat them 100% down on the solid good chance they will be light.
This is what I mean by 95% down.

IMG_0301 - Copy.JPG

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
See above pic Taye
can tell it is slightly up. but enough for doc to either push firmly and teeth slighty shift and seats or to adjust with one or two hits of rubber wheel

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

The only thing you can do aside from SideShowBob's sound advice is to use the same die stone for pin bases that you do for the sawn model to equalize and minimize the chance of expansion variance between materials. Expensive and unneeded. If it is not happening to everyone, especially the most intelligent of your docs, it is not something you can fix.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The only thing you can do aside from SideShowBob's sound advice is to use the same die stone for pin bases that you do for the sawn model to equalize and minimize the chance of expansion variance between materials. Expensive and unneeded. If it is not happening to everyone, especially the most intelligent of your docs, it is not something you can fix.
All my models are done on Monotrac system

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
if its the only client having the issues...changing your die stone will only change your procedures and wont fix the problem. the issues are chairside. 25-30 clients here and with the exception of one Dr that wants to grind his own contacts in (he requests them uber tight) we have zero contact issues across the board. had one guy that complained for a few months....and i asked if he was having the same issue prior to sending us his work. he said yes the other lab "just couldnt get it right". so i sat down with him and went through all of this. turns out the temps being made by his assistants were horribly inaccurate and unreliable. got that fixed and now every crown drops in. and THAT is why we get the work and the "other" lab doesnt any more. they tried to put a band-aid on the problem. we educated and addressed the actual issues.
The problem with he is not as open as your dentist to find the problem, but I will try

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I love monotrac use it exclusively.
Would never trust it or any other model system for final contacts.
solid pour models poured in same die stone will save tons of grief and lost accounts over time.
IMO extremely important for gin contours on anteriors
No way I would know how much to fill in with out it.

IMG_0385 - Copy.JPG

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
How did you fine out that temps were horriblely made and how did you address the issue to be fixed? Please explain

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The problem with he is not as open as you dentist to fine the problem, but I will try
I quit worring a long time ago.
I cover my ass and then it is his responsibility to fix his end or find another lab.
there are always trouble Docs that need to be replaced as soon an new client comes in

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I love monotrac use it exclusively.
Would never trust it or any other model system for final contacts.
solid pour models poured in same die stone will save tons of grief and lost accounts over time.
IMO extremely important for gin contours on anteriors
No way I would know how much to fill in with out it.

View attachment 25025
Al, Sorry for being unclear. I use solid cast from the same die stone only no monotrac involved, Monotrac only used for the master sectioned die model

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I deliver my crowns on the solid check model.
I only use ring boxes for etched emax.