Your opinion please!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Please say you're joking, I've learned not to say "nobody is that stupid" on most things, but this one would take the cake and the recipie.

No joke here. Enamic was for the OP. :D

image.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im imagining this Dr and the Op very similar to Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor in 'See no Evil, Hear no Evil'.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
this is a joke thread, right?

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
No it's not a joke. And in Australia dental technicians don't even have registration, so anyone can do it basically. There are no rules about lab sheets, but yes I normally would not proceed without knowing all the details.
Not that it has anything to do with my original question but this incident occurred at Christmas time. The dentist gave me 24 hours to deliver this case starting at lunchtime. It was not booked in and he gave me two other cases as well, also not booked in. I had other work to finish so when I got to the point of needing to 'have a conversation with him', it was 2am. It never even occurred to me that it might not be a PFM, as we had discussed several cases but I was not aware that he had said anything about this one. I didn't notice there was no shade until I went to put the opaquer on. Every time I ring and ask for the shade he says the same thing (C3) because he can't remember himself.
I'm not stupid, I was tired and under extreme pressure. He was pushing hard and there were only a couple of days left to go. He cracked the ****s because I charged him full fee for both the PFM and the subsequent FGC I had to make. I busted my arse to get all the work completed and was not responsible for the lack of information. He said he told me that it was a FGC but I thought he was referring to another case (which was) and he said I should have recognised that it was, by the appearance of the preparation. Which I think is absolute garbage and the biggest joke coming from someone who's work is so **** that it all looks the same. There you go, now you have the whole story.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
No it's not a joke. And in Australia dental technicians don't even have registration, so anyone can do it basically. There are no rules about lab sheets, but yes I normally would not proceed without knowing all the details.
Not that it has anything to do with my original question but this incident occurred at Christmas time. The dentist gave me 24 hours to deliver this case starting at lunchtime. It was not booked in and he gave me two other cases as well, also not booked in. I had other work to finish so when I got to the point of needing to 'have a conversation with him', it was 2am. It never even occurred to me that it might not be a PFM, as we had discussed several cases but I was not aware that he had said anything about this one. I didn't notice there was no shade until I went to put the opaquer on. Every time I ring and ask for the shade he says the same thing (C3) because he can't remember himself.
I'm not stupid, I was tired and under extreme pressure. He was pushing hard and there were only a couple of days left to go. He cracked the ****s because I charged him full fee for both the PFM and the subsequent FGC I had to make. I busted my arse to get all the work completed and was not responsible for the lack of information. He said he told me that it was a FGC but I thought he was referring to another case (which was) and he said I should have recognised that it was, by the appearance of the preparation. Which I think is absolute garbage and the biggest joke coming from someone who's work is so **** that it all looks the same. There you go, now you have the whole story.

" I need to remember to take my Clients doughnuts tomorrow !"
Learn-To-Appreciate-What-You-Have-–-Demotivational-Posters.jpg

Attachments

• Learn-To-Appreciate-What-You-Have-–-Demotivational-Posters.jpg
    Learn-To-Appreciate-What-You-Have-–-Demotivational-Posters.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 27
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow. He pushes for a rush, with no information, and wants you to charge him *less* for his inadequacies? Sorry neighbor, you were/are up agaist it with that one.

Most of us in the US, and some other places, are not required to have gov't approval to operate, but we are required to have written/typed orders with "wet ink" signatures and retain them for legislated time periods and assume similar requirements are standard.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
As said above and as I'm sure it's what we are all thinking.....fire him.

I know it's easy to say and we all need clients to send us work but as one who has been around this industry for a good few years, it's clients like this who we don't need or want. There are plenty of great dentists out there to work with who will help you out if needed.....or at least fill out the prescription form properly.

Guys like him will never let up, will cause you unnecessary stress and hurt. Fire him.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
cr

Top Bottom