Your opinion please!

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
Hi, I had a customer send a case with no lab sheet. He said I should have recognised which type of crown it should be by the way it was prepped. Can everyone please tell me what sort of crown they think this should be, based on the prep. Your choice is PFM or Full Gold Crown, as that's all he does. Bickmore crown prep b.JPG Bickmore crown prep.JPG

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I agree, but you haven't answered the question.
The one who would be best qualified to answer the question is you, as you are the probably the only one who has worked with this dentist and would know him best.

That prep could be for either and there are good reasons to take it either way.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my guess will be gold. doesnt appear to be much occlusal reduction, and the margins are chipped beyond belief.

inform this wise a$$ that you always need a filled out lab sheet with a signature or legally you arent obliged to touch the case and legally if you do work without a prescription or authorized signature you can be subject to fines.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Sooooo....... I received a scrip last week for an FCZ with a metal collar. Thought I would ask to clarify before I just
make an FCZ since that is the usual restoration. Did have A2 on the slip.
They really wanted the choice behind door number three, FCG . WTH

Sooooo..... For the OP, I pick Enamic? :D

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It has to be gold; he didn't give you a shade.
There.
Ok one eye'd man among the blind, which % blend ;)

(edit: good deduction, but y'know by now I can't leave well enough alone. Ciao )

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
squish some play-dough into a tooth shape, let it dry and send it back. Tell the doc "thanks for the freedom to do what I feel like."
Full contour red duralay. That'll definately get some notice when he yawns.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sooooo....... I received a scrip last week for an FCZ with a metal collar. Thought I would ask to clarify before I just
make an FCZ since that is the usual restoration. Did have A2 on the slip.
They really wanted the choice behind door number three, FCG . WTH
Sooooo..... I pick Enamic? :D
Please say you're joking, I've learned not to say "nobody is that stupid" on most things, but this one would take the cake and the recipie.

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
It has to be gold; he didn't give you a shade.
There.
You make a very good point except the very next case of his ( already in the lab) I had to ring up and ask for the shade, as I often do.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that the Dr is a Dh. Even if I could guess what he or she wanted, I wouldn't do the case without an Rx.
Even if you aren't required to have one by law where the OP is from (Brit?),its still foolish to forge ahead without one.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You make a very good point except the very next case of his ( already in the lab) I had to ring up and ask for the shade, as I often do.

I do get cases where I have to change up what they requested on the lab script, but at least I get and have a script.

Dr sounds lazy, to lazy to fill out a script? It also leaves them a out if anything should happen,
as you're the one who made the call on the restoration (at times) without any legal "document" (lab script).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
my guess will be gold. doesnt appear to be much occlusal reduction, and the margins are chipped beyond belief.

inform this wise a$$ that you always need a filled out lab sheet with a signature or legally you arent obliged to touch the case and legally if you do work without a prescription or authorized signature you can be subject to fines.
Those are bubbles in the margin.

Top Bottom