"Insufficient privileges to post here"

Dental.Tools18

Dental.Tools18

Reaction score
Would anyone on here be able to help me figure out how to post in the Classifieds section, it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Dental.Tools18

Dental.Tools18

Reaction score
Thank you! I will I appreciate it!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I just learned that Travis has been imprisoned for being a web bot impersonating a human. We probably won't see him around here for a while.Dontknow

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They make them so life like these days.:android:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
5 star movie, even the version with Harrison Ford's voice over.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
5 star movie, even the version with Harrison Ford's voice over.
The book has far more subtext and substance, showing what little was left of a normal internal emotional and psychological life.
But it was as good as you could get.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The book has far more subtext and substance, showing what little was left of a normal internal emotional and psychological life.
But it was as good as you could get.

Do you think that is usually the case, though? That people tend to be a little disappointed with a movie version of a book, as they often can't put everything in, or develop the characters better due to about a 2 hour window? Sometimes it can come out better visually (than the imagination of the mind),as with Blade Runner.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Do you think that is usually the case, though?That people tend to be a little disappointed with a movie version of a book, as they often can't put everything in, or develop the characters better due to about a 2 hour window?
I thought that was what I was saying, at least its what I was trying to say. The book was better, and the movie approached it as well as a movie could, but a movie will not be able to do justice to such a rich source material.
Sometimes it can come out better visually (than the imagination of the mind),as with Blade Runner.
Differing visions of the descriptions can make you think of something differently than you did from your vision, but without the author's direct input, we can never know exactly what the vision was he wanted to share with us.
This has bit me in the butt more than once, having imagination mismatch with a dentist. I'll take his prose and build what he said, but not what he wanted.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I thought that was what I was saying, at least its what I was trying to say. The book was better, and the movie approached it as well as a movie could, but a movie will not be able to do justice to such a rich source material.

I meant in general, of all the books that are made into movies. I thought you were originally just commenting on your disappointment with Blade Runner.

Differing visions of the descriptions can make you think of something differently than you did from your vision, but without the author's direct input, we can never know exactly what the vision was he wanted to share with us.
This has bit me in the butt more than once, having imagination mismatch with a dentist. I'll take his prose and build what he said, but not what he wanted.

You're right, a directors vision and interpretation can be different than how we read it, or think of it in our minds or what the authors true intent was. But I tend to be visually orientated anyway, so I really like some of the work I see out there. Have you ever seen the movie,The Duellists, good character development and some visually stunning scenes and "still" shots.

I get a kick out of listening to some of the critics commentaries on some of the older movies, and what they think the director intended. I think at times they read waaay to much into it, and make it deeper and more profound than the director may have intended. I think at times the director said, "hey, that looks good and sounds good, shoot it", and the critics come up with all this psychobabble of motives and intent of the director and the scene. Maybe that's why a book version of a movie can be criticized or commented on a bit more fairly.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I meant in general, of all the books that are made into movies. I thought you were originally just commenting on your disappointment with Blade Runner.

You're right, a directors vision and interpretation can be different than how we read it, or think of it in our minds or what the authors true intent was. But I tend to be visually orientated anyway, so I really like some of the work I see out there. Have you ever seen the movie,The Duellists, good character development and some visually stunning scenes and "still" shots.

I get a kick out of listening to some of the critics commentaries on some of the older movies, and what they think the director intended. I think at times they read waaay to much into it, and make it deeper and more profound than the director may have intended. I think at times the director said, "hey, that looks good and sounds good, shoot it", and the critics come up with all this psychobabble of motives and intent of the director and the scene. Maybe that's why a book version of a movie can be criticized or commented on a bit more fairly.
Didn't know abutthat one. Looks interesting. WithRidley Scott directing, it'll be just shy of Fellinni in treatment I imagine.

The premise is quite sound. And intriguing. Funny how much the confederate states (pre civil war especially) mimicked the French post Revolution society in devotion to honor above all. Itwas common for a s.Carolina newspaper to list men in near every edition that had died of dueling for honor. Even, or maybe especially, President Jackson was known to have tsken up pistol to settle a slighEver wonder where Michael Jackson is related to him?