Copy-Cad Issues

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I was curious how Exocad and 3Shape software handle doing a copy cad of waxups on bridges. Sometimes I just feel more comfortable scanning a waxup. The DW seems to copy a single perfectly, but when it comes to a bridge, I have to fine tune the adaptation inside of the waxup. And the connectors are always an issue. Rather than reproducing what the connectors are like in the waxup, I have to go back in and adjust all of them. I don't know if the "natural connector" feature is supposed to eliminate this problem or not. If the software would just duplicate what I have waxed and move forward things would be so much better, but it wants to validate the connectors. How does your software handle doing a copy cad of bridges?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you get a clean scan of your wax up or what ever design, exocad will copy it about as exact as perceptible.
DOF software has a waxup scan tool that does the intaglio side as well.:Rock:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as will (as does) the 3shape.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
If you get a clean scan of your wax up or what ever design, exocad will copy it about as exact as perceptible.
DOF software has a waxup scan tool that does the intaglio side as well.:Rock:

Very interesting. My software readjusts the underside of the pontics according to the parameters set for this. So do you have to do anything concerning the validation of the connectors in order to move forward with the case?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Very interesting. My software readjusts the underside of the pontics according to the parameters set for this. So do you have to do anything concerning the validation of the connectors in order to move forward with the case?
There is a check box to copy connectors if that is what you want. As far as the basal side of pontics, a quick press of the button 'adapt to gingival' takes care of this and can be set to a certain parameter.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think you are in Fl?? Come by here some time with a case or two and I'll show you what exo can do.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I got her done but it was way more difficult than it should have been.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you are in Fl?? Come by here some time with a case or two and I'll show you what exo can do.

careful PDC,when he says case he means a two four.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Yeah, 3Shape can do it, but I am not happy with the results. I have the handy $500 wax up scan jig too. Maybe they improved things with the D1000 and D2000. Mine is a D900 which would be similar to the 850.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Yeah, 3Shape can do it, but I am not happy with the results. I have the handy $500 wax up scan jig too. Maybe they improved things with the D1000 and D2000. Mine is a D900 which would be similar to the 850.

I don't have any sort of wax up scan jig...sounds like another money making thing from 3Shape. We just place the waxup on the model and scan. Once I clicked on the "natural connector" button, I didn't have to fool with the connector design. However, I did have to recompute one of the pontics and tinker with the design before it would adapt to the waxup. Finally, I couldn't merge the model with the design due to "validation" errors in the merge. So I just sent the design without the merge...so far no phone calls from Argen on anything. :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
Having been exposed to DW and Exocad I can say that it is much easier to do a wax copy in Exocad. Have I mentioned that I have a CS2 we can use for target practice?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Having been exposed to DW and Exocad I can say that it is much easier to do a wax copy in Exocad. Have I mentioned that I have a CS2 we can use for target practice?

Hang on to that CS2...If mine goes down, I'll be calling you. ;)