Need Help Identifying Implants

M

MonolithImmortal

Reaction score
One of our Drs has asked us to identify several implants used in a over denture case. He doesn't have any idea what they are and neither do we. He's sent us an x-ray of the patients mouth to use to identify the implant platforms. We've checked on whatimplantisthat.com but did not have any luck. Where should we go from here? I'm including the x-ray at this link.

http://imgur.com/a/X2zMD

Thanks, this is my first post.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
One of our Drs has asked us to identify several implants used in a over denture case. He doesn't have any idea what they are and neither do we. He's sent us an x-ray of the patients mouth to use to identify the implant platforms. We've checked on whatimplantisthat.com but did not have any luck. Where should we go from here? I'm including the x-ray at this link.

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
You'll be glad I didn't try to guess, as that is all I would be able to do with that one.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

Hi, welcome! At first glance looks like a Straumann synOcta platform, RN & WN maybe ?? Can't say I'm the implants themselves but that platform looks very familiar.

S

Soniq

Reaction score

S

Soniq

Reaction score
These appear to be external hex. They may be restoratively compatible with Branemark RP 4.1 platform (Nobelbiocare). see interface below.
Dr. could try an existing abutment on Branemark analog to verify.

Darwin

Brane RP Connection.jpg

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
I think they are Straumann tissue level Synocta 4.8 mm fixtures. If they are externally hexed looking down on them, then they have a multi-unit abutment placed on top to allow for a bar type fabrication. Call Darwin Bagley at Implants Direct and see if they may be UMA abutments on top of the implants that were once made by Attachments International.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
The member Soniq is Darwin Bagley (aka as the implant guru).

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I am with Darwin on that. Only question would be how tall the hexes are - some have the original 0.75, others are taller.
The last time I check, Straumann TLI implants have round apices so would rule those out as either RN or WN. Sorry Sda36.
The #13 position abutment has a larger than usual flare that makes me wonder . . .
Are you trying to redo as a screw retained or just just want to 're-tooth' the hybrid?
IF that is the case, need to wonder if the coping reached all the way down to the 'margin' or finish line
of that hybrid, and if not planning to remake the framework, just use Duralay to make individual dies
to mount the case up and go from there. Just my 2 cents.

LCM

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I am with Darwin on that. Only question would be how tall the hexes are - some have the original 0.75, others are taller.
The last time I check, Straumann TLI implants have round apices so would rule those out as either RN or WN. Sorry Sda36.
The #13 position abutment has a larger than usual flare that makes me wonder . . .
Are you trying to redo as a screw retained or just just want to 're-tooth' the hybrid?
IF that is the case, need to wonder if the coping reached all the way down to the 'margin' or finish line
of that hybrid, and if not planning to remake the framework, just use Duralay to make individual dies
to mount the case up and go from there. Just my 2 cents.

LCM
Hey, no problem Lcm, it was really just the abutment on the far left that had me thinking that way. Multi abutment also entered my mind, 2 screws?? but I'm for sure no expert here [emoji4]