scanner in a dentist office

S

sampson

Reaction score
Speaking recently to a dentist client - he said that he is "" considering getting a scanner to send crown and bridge files to a lab."
I also want to send my files to a lab and I could arrange access to the equipment'
Is it possible that a clinical intra oral scanner can also be used to scan models and impressions?
Are there add on devices I could use?
If so what system could i suggest he look at ?
thank you

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What scanner?

Convince him to get PlanScsn or CareStream scanner, you get exocad. Now you have reasonable options.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Speaking recently to a dentist client - he said that he is "" considering getting a scanner to send crown and bridge files to a lab."
Is it possible that a clinical intra oral scanner can also be used to scan models and impressions?
Are there add on devices I could use?
If so what system could i suggest he look at ?
thank you
Are you already set up to do digital workflows with a system? The reason is answers will vary, based on your side of the process, as to what is best for your relationship's growth, instead of forcing a purchaae or parting.
Might be obvious, but my lightbulb's dimmer is glitchy today.

S

sampson

Reaction score
What scanner?

Convince him to get PlanScsn or CareStream scanner, you get exocad. Now you have reasonable options.
He isnt sure yet as he wants to see whats available -- but i figured if he had a base system, i could make an offer to expand it and bring in additional outside work.
thanks

S

sampson

Reaction score
Are you already set up to do digital workflows with a system? The reason is answers will vary, based on your side of the process, as to what is best for your relationship's growth, instead of forcing a purchaae or parting.
Might be obvious, but my lightbulb's dimmer is glitchy today.
No i am not set up with any digital systems -- i am currently getting ready to start shipping models and impressions overseas (fed ex) to USA - i am based out of the US
This client already ships models out to the US on his own and now wants to minimize his shipping bill and possibly stop taking impressions - hence the intraoral scanner.
If i could buy scan time on his equipment I might also make a saving.
i am not forcing a purchase -- he is open to suggestions and if it could be mutually beneficial I reckon Why Not?.
just wondered if i could give him suggestions to a system that could meet both of our needs
thanks

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
What scanner?

Just purchased a CS3600.....I get a copy of Exocad?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Just purchased a CS3600.....I get a copy of Exocad?

Hi Jake, can you please let us know how much did you pay for the scanner? I'm also in the market for one of those. Thank you

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Don't mind one bit! I paid $36,017.90.....that's tax and 10 extra tips. I also will receive software updates for free. Trios3 pod....close to $3000/year for the subscription/modules.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Yeah! But now, this CS3600 is a different animal. If you're scanning in the mouth, you want some quick acquisition. If you're scanning models/impressions......go with the CS3500 (it's way more accurate anyway......hopefully, some software updates with help the CS3600 in the future).

By the way, I just saw a CS3500 new in the box for $9500 on eBay.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Yeah! But now, this CS3600 is a different animal. If you're scanning in the mouth, you want some quick acquisition. If you're scanning models/impressions......go with the CS3500 (it's way more accurate anyway......hopefully, some software updates with help the CS3600 in the future).

By the way, I just saw a CS3500 new in the box for $9500 on eBay.

Yes I bought one from there. It is a brand new.
But I am getting awful results of scanning. It took me one hour to scan both arcs/ upper with four abutments/ and at the end the carestream software told me "I cant refine surfaces, please choose a smaller area".

Is it possible to boost cs3500 with laptop hardware or software??? Running cs3600 software on cs3500???

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
But I am getting awful results of scanning. It took me one hour to scan both arcs/ upper with four abutments/ and at the end the carestream software told me "I cant refine surfaces, please choose a smaller area".

Is it possible to boost cs3500 with laptop hardware or software??? Running cs3600 software on cs3500???

"one hour scanning" is this intraorally? or a model?

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Intraoral :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The abutment's surfaces where too shine and the scanner did not get them. So I used white spray to correct that....
It was so slowly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score

No....I bought the CS3600. But let me tell you, we're actually in the middle of installation. It doesn't look the best or scan very good, IMO. I'll get back with a report just as soon as I can. If people are on the fence to buy, please hold a few and I'll give ya my 2 cents worth.

I don't think you can boost the scan. If you have your video card set at "high performance" and your computer set to "high performance", you've done most of what you can do. I'll check on it.......

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Let me just say, I ain't too impressed at the moment.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
The Condor was just recently released. You could give that a look

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
.stl converter license still doesn't work....I know that's what some of you want to look at......it's gonna be at least Monday. I'll keep ya posted!
Trios3 is the best! It's just hard to swallow the annual subscription.

Top Bottom