Sirona MC X5

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Wow, take a week off and look what I missed.
Piss-ant cyber bully?
Way to try and fit in Doc! :rolleyes:

Yeah....welll.....never did like someone pissing down my collar and tell me it's raining! If I don't stand up for myself, I'll never fit in.

You should have stuck around Rob......I tend to get into trouble.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey John,

Equipment paid off....36 years in business.....only send out zirconia.....place and restore all my implants....I do enough crowns.....I don't usually pack class II's....mill'em out of Lava Ultimate (a lot better restoration....and better contacts).
I thought full crowns were no longer an indication for Lava Ultimate?
Maybe I'm confusing it with something else?

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Rob....your are correct! I never did recommend full coverage for Lava Ultimate. Only partial coverage, which I still provide for my patients. It flexes too much!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
This is getting funny,

Cyber bully? HAHAHAH This is a first, would love to hear anyone else think that of me. Am I outspoken? YES, am I wrong sometimes YES again. In this case NO.

Dr., and you notice I continue to give respect and call you Dr regardless, if our views differ, I'll let your personal attacks slide for now, go back and read my stuff I did not do that in the least. If I hit a nerve there is a reason.

I stand by my statements, do yourself a favor go read some of my posts over the last 5 years here. All I do is contribute, help and share with my colleagues for the betterment of the LABORATORY trade. Too many techs feel beaten down by guys that just dumped them, they have lost the feeling of being valued. There is a reason why the number of viable labs in business today has shrunk to 50% of what it once was. I do not blame chairside milling entirely but it has had a huge effect along with offshore outsourcing.

I can promise you I am not alone on my feelings here, I am secure enough in my business and my position in this trade to openly speak my mind. We are slammed with work and my clients know what I offer and continue to partner with me because of who I am and what I stand for.

As for the TOS of this site ofcourse you are welcome to participate here, some will welcome you, some will bite their tongue, the more astute will realize why you are here and what you bring to the site.

Remember it takes time effort and a willingness to participate here. It's a symbiotic relationship with the long time members here we all share for a reason. Some do it to commensurate, some look for technical solutions, some just look for a way to share something with someone that KNOWS exactly how they feel. The truth is the vast majority of views to this site are by tradesmen, most lurk but our core audience are TECHS,

SO let me be the one to step back give you the benefit of the doubt and see what you will bring to this site. We don't have to agree on everything just be prepared to be challenged and realize debate is what makes these forums entertaining.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Thank You John! I appreciate the opportunity to participate! I plan on continuing to help where needed, if given the chance.

I too share your concerns on the future of small laboratories. Great challenges are ahead. Hopefully, we all can succeed and meet the future together, as we have in the past.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I too share your concerns on the future of small laboratories. Great challenges are ahead. Hopefully, we all can succeed and meet the future together, as we have in the past.

It really depends on the dentist's mindset.
If the " doc" has to resort to personal attacks whenever his"tech" challenges his ego then there is no future.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
It really depends on the dentist's mindset.
If the " doc" has to resort to personal attacks whenever his"tech" challenges his ego then there is no future.

Oh my goodness! Not another that needs Ms. Ellen's english primer. He questioned my intentions and credentials! Not my ego! Neither which he knew anything about. Secondly, a moderator should be impartial, nonaggressive, or hostile.

If everything depends on the dentist's mindset......you're in trouble Partner!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Jake, did you ever find out what happened to Lyle, was it a heart attack?

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe that's correct, but he had some type of illness he had been suffering with. He actually quit working before he died.
He had a lab in Quitman, AR. I had a satellite office there for a while, and it's where my Mom was born and raised.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear that. It's hard when you lose a good friendship and working relationship.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Do you know Josh Green? He started Green Dental Laboratories in Heber Springs, AR. He's not doing very well right now (bad health). There's a tech who did well for himself. I don't know how much he sold his lab for, but it was a bundle! I knew Josh when he was in the back of Dr. Cleon Wilson's office. Basically, just a 15' x 20' add-on. He was a go-getter!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No I don't, but others here have mentioned his name before.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Josh offered me a job way back when, but I decided to stay in private practice. Like I said, there's another dandy! I wish him well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You never go full cowboy on dln.:deadhorse:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'll toss a few bits into the hat.

A newb troublemaker with a cowboy look avatar goes whining to the front office??Dontknow
View attachment 24497

This place is doomed.

I did not even see that.....I've been "called out" by JW on a post before (no bad feelings John, I respect you very much) but took it as a part of the honest feedback here.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I did not even see that.....I've been "called out" by JW on a post before (no bad feelings John, I respect you very much) but took it as a part of the honest feedback here.
Sugar coated is for the Girl Scouts. One of the greatest things about this site is, if you lay down some BS someone will call you on it no matter the topic.
JW has been intimidating you too? We should report him to the proper authorities.Hahaha

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sugar coated is for the Girl Scouts. One of the greatest things about this site is, if you lay down some BS someone will call you on it no matter the topic.
JW has been intimidating you too? We should report him to the proper authorities.Hahaha

Like and Funny....but when I reported on JW, to JW, he wouldn't do a thing about it :D

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're on a roll today, too :)

Top Bottom