Thoughts on this? Replicate Tooth Implants

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting approach to tooth replacement. What do you think about this idea?

http://www.replicatetooth.com/for-dentists
replicate-tooth-dental-implant.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting approach to tooth replacement. What do you think about this idea?

http://www.replicatetooth.com/for-dentists
replicate-tooth-dental-implant.jpg
Ouch.

Not the first time something like this has been tried. Someone posted a system a while back where the immediately post extraction cavity was being scanned and an entire tooth with root structure was being milled from zirconia to be hammered home and replace the pulled tooth.

With this one, I'm wondering what that will look like if there is serious bone resporbsion and the grey shows through the tissue, or worse still, shows above the tissue.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You should see how they extract the tooth and modify the socket.

I'm still waiting for chairside tooth regeneration.:rolleyes:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think this is the future of implants. Full root retention, in the actual socket, made from a CT scan, osseointegration with any number of grafting materials. I havent seen this type though. I like the idea of Ti for integration and strength in the bone, with a pekkton prepared 'crown' to replicate the PDL for shock absorption.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
going to be absolute hell scanning those for c and b overtop. a nightmare getting matching shade. no room for error if the core cant match the rest of the arch if any exists.

even worse trying to roundhouse over these suckers.

i vote no.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
That's a nasty looking shadow showing through at the margin. I think I would prefer the all zirconia option.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This only works if the extracted tooth was in the right position to begin with.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can still do surgery to correct the axis.. If these were made out of peek, it would be the same material as the scan markers, I dont see the problem. the gray would be at bone level, ideally..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can still do surgery to correct the axis.. If these were made out of peek, it would be the same material as the scan markers, I dont see the problem. the gray would be at bone level, ideally..
Ide aly people would brush their teeth too. I always look at stuff with a thought of"How wrong can this go when it does."

Did peek get FDA cleared for" permanent" use? I missed that.