I need some help here!

doug

doug

Reaction score
I got this in from a dentist today and Whatimplantisthis doesn't seem to have it. I initially thought on old Corevent/Paragon/Zimmer, but I can't find one that has a smooth external surface like the xray shows.

Attachments

• KnibbLeila M_5334_2614.JPG
    KnibbLeila M_5334_2614.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 87
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Calcitek Omni-lock ??

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Maybe Zimmer BioVent.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Sorry Doug I could guess too but its just a guess,

What I wonder is this, if I wasn't in dental and I needed to have something implanted into my body, a hip, a knee, any flipping item, that I would surely do some research and KNOW AND REMEMBER what I have done to myself.

Maybe its just me but today with so many different companies out there think about how cool it would be to develop a digital file that the patient could retain. Could be stored in the cloud and would be a permeant record that could be recalled at a future date. Design files for anything digital and material data as well. Hmmm oh yeah I already do that, why the heck can't our clients do the same?

Granted clients retire/die, patients leave states and loose contact but it frustrates me when I see a pan like this where the patient has spent a bunch of money and has no clue whats going on and leaves it to the NEW dentist to figure it on out.

Ok rant over lets move along.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

What I wonder is this, if I wasn't in dental and I needed to have something implanted into my body, a hip, a knee, any flipping item, that I would surely do some research and KNOW AND REMEMBER what I have done to myself.

Maybe its just me but today with so many different companies out there think about how cool it would be to develop a digital file that the patient could retain. Could be stored in the cloud and would be a permeant record that could be recalled at a future date. Design files for anything digital and material data as well. Hmmm oh yeah I already do that, why the heck can't our clients do the same?

Granted clients retire/die, patients leave states and loose contact but it frustrates me when I see a pan like this where the patient has spent a bunch of money and has no clue whats going on and leaves it to the NEW dentist to figure it on out.

It's unbelievably rare if a end user hangs onto anything.
I doubt most patients have any idea that there is more than one brand, or manufacturer or any difference in interface that would require anyone,ever, to be aware of exactly what they have screwed into their jaw. Additionally, it's an implant, not 'important' enough in the social status structure, like a shoe or vehicle. They don't have branding "name power."'

It's a bit down the scale, but every brand name Valplast gets sent with a card showing device serial #, resin lot#, etc. I haven't seen or heard of one yet that the pt knew where it was for more that a few days.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have a friend who went to Costa Rica for some "Vacation Dental" and had about 9 implants placed. I asked him what kind. He had no idea, but dammit, he got a helluva deal.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I know many people who traveled overseas for dental implants, They say for the fees charged here they have a long vacation, plane tickets, hotels etc. It depends, some countries have great surgeons and restorative dentists. And obviously good techs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can get 3rd world quality right here at home.Banghead
And if @Adi is any indication, you can get high quality work even in Syria between the bombings.
It'll always be the practitioners of the art that make the difference, awesome knows no borders. Sadly neither does stupidity and laziness.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
You pay here a lot more for implant components than overseas. The same as for medications. I think any country has the good the bad and the ugly.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You pay here a lot more for implant components than overseas. The same as for medications. I think any country has the good the bad and the ugly.
...but if you want intelligent, creative, and down right sexy, theres no place like the USA.

S

Soniq

Reaction score
I got this in from a dentist today and Whatimplantisthis doesn't seem to have it. I initially thought on old Corevent/Paragon/Zimmer, but I can't find one that has a smooth external surface like the xray shows.

S

Soniq

Reaction score
Looks like 4.5 Bio-Vent.
Restoratively compatible with Screw-Vent 4.5 platform. (Zimmer)
Another compatible is Implant Direct Legacy 45 platform.

Darwin

Biovent group.jpg

doug

doug

Reaction score
That's exactly what I found out. Thanks for the verification.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
IMG_0590.JPG

Something like this?

Top Bottom