Need Help With case

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Here is an example of another 3.0 mistake. Oral surgeon placed three 3.0 Astra Ev's not knowing that there is no Locator abutment available.
So I took three healing caps, milled them, and laser welded and polished the Ti Locator abutment to them.
View attachment 24190
Wow, that's a lot of work!!
I want to say you may have created a niche market to sell to, but I have to moderated that against
what the companies might say to know you are doing this and whether any legal issues are involved.
It is a 'custom abutment' and not completely "milled' by a computer, so not sure if this comes under
the FDA thing . . .
Still, amazing outcome. Would you tell them to only torque to 20Ncm so the wonderful surgeon
won't shear off you hard work?
LCM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of work!!
I want to say you may have created a niche market to sell to, but I have to moderated that against
what the companies might say to know you are doing this and whether any legal issues are involved.
It is a 'custom abutment' and not completely "milled' by a computer, so not sure if this comes under
the FDA thing . . .
Still, amazing outcome. Would you tell them to only torque to 20Ncm so the wonderful surgeon
won't shear off you hard work?
LCM
I doesn't; my understanding is abutments done by hand are exempt.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
To follow up with this. They were milled using a Ferraro Mill, pretty much a dremel mounted in a
frame. Yes, I would call that hand milled. The analog was placed parallel in stone using the surveyor
apparatus of the mill. All three will milled utilizing the same analog. The one nice thing the OS did,
was placed the three implants very close to same angle and depth.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good work Danny, bailed out another surgeon.

At least you didn't have to angle correct this one :)

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Just to follow up, The case was just seated this week. Bernard hit a HOME RUN!! The bar was beautiful!!! I want to Thank John Wilson for recommending Panthera and Bernard for the kicka$$ craftsmanship!!!!!!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Good to know, but I have not known Bernard and Panthera to deliver anything less from what we have heard all this time.
Cheers!
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just to follow up, The case was just seated this week. Bernard hit a HOME RUN!! The bar was beautiful!!! I want to Thank John Wilson for recommending Panthera and Bernard for the kicka$$ craftsmanship!!!!!!

Glad it worked out. Bernard and his team are top notch, people say they are expensive, I say its good value.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Bernard and his team are top notch, people say they are expensive, I say its good value.
Well said!! The website, customer service, even the packaging is Top Notch!!

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Here is an example of another 3.0 mistake. Oral surgeon placed three 3.0 Astra Ev's not knowing that there is no Locator abutment available.
So I took three healing caps, milled them, and laser welded and polished the Ti Locator abutment to them.
View attachment 24190

Hello Robert:

This looks actually awesome. Looks really really good.

Could u pl share how you milled the healing collars, using what.What laser welder do u use. How much does it cost.

So if the implants were angled too off, you could have milled the collar at angle and then laser welded. Is that correct.

Would not the healing collars make locators too proud and eating restorative space.

Thanks

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hello Robert:

So if the implants were angled too off, you could have milled the collar at angle and then laser welded. Is that correct.

Would not the healing collars make locators too proud and eating restorative space.

Thanks

I don't think you could angle correct much because of the screw channel.

Let the man enjoy the homerun you can make stuff work with limited space.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Hello Robert:

This looks actually awesome. Looks really really good.

Could u pl share how you milled the healing collars, using what.What laser welder do u use. How much does it cost.

Thanks

Milled the healing abutments utilizing a Ferraro Mill, with them screwed into an analog placed in stone.
This is not the best case to describe a divergent implant. But one that needed support due to tooth placement
and arch for this cancer patient. Started out with three Straumann Ti milling cylinders, and laser welded a
so called "dog bone" hader bar, and metal support for the Locator abutment. So to answer your question.
Yes, custom abutments can be utilized, and laser welded to provide support from a Locator attachment.
The laser I use was purchased from BTI, their made in Italy. The price of them was around $30,000.

Thank you,
Danny

IMG_0262 copy.JPG IMG_0265 copy.JPG