LiSi (Questions)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I didnt know you spoke Japanese Al! Konichiwa!

Im wondering if the incisal ingots take to staining well. Often with a translucent ingot the stain can appear splotchy if its not perfectly distributed.. Are they like the VE veneer ingots from the initial PC system?
58 ingot mono no stain.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow Al, very nice case....so natural!!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So would you maybe not use a 60 ingot on a c3 that is going to need some chroma? Or would you just use the MT? I would press a C3 in an HTC2 emax..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have one of these coming up with severe wear.. Do the incisal ingots hold up well with very small preps? or do they need some stump color behind them?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok here is a case I did for a doc
This is mono.
The bleach extra white ingot
Mono Drs crappy pic
I will be going to his office for glamour shots soon.
Tissues not healed yet. And looks like food between teeth.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I have one of these coming up with severe wear.. Do the incisal ingots hold up well with very small preps? or do they need some stump color behind them?
What is final shade ?
Can probably use bleach or x white bleach enamel ? Don't know

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It will probably be an a1 or b1.. if they dont appear grey like emax HT b1, maybe a 58 like you did here.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
What is final shade ?
Can probably use bleach or x white bleach enamel ? Don't know
Absolutely wonderful work and guidance Al. Thank you so much for all!
Dave

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Rob you still using the propress ??
What are your parremeters ? Same as emax ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob you still using the propress ??
What are your parremeters ? Same as emax ?
I can use the propress...and have, it's the same as e.max for me. I have two ivoclar pressing ovens though and mainly use them, mostly because they are dedicated pressing ovens. All my pressings so far, haven't changed any settings, same as e.max and they pressed out great. Big difference, is the reaction layer...I can really put some nice occlusal anatomy in these LiSi crowns and not have to worry about digging out all the investment like E.max.

Al, I didn't get any instruction booklet with any of my layering stuff...just curious, do you fire it as e.max ceram, or did you have to go up or down some? I know, the best way is to use clear and fire a clear pellet, but just wanted a starting point per say.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I can use the propress...and have, it's the same as e.max for me. I have two ivoclar pressing ovens though and mainly use them, mostly because they are dedicated pressing ovens. All my pressings so far, haven't changed any settings, same as e.max and they pressed out great. Big difference, is the reaction layer...I can really put some nice occlusal anatomy in these LiSi crowns and not have to worry about digging out all the investment like E.max.

Al, I didn't get any instruction booklet with any of my layering stuff...just curious, do you fire it as e.max ceram, or did you have to go up or down some? I know, the best way is to use clear and fire a clear pellet, but just wanted a starting point per say.
Sorry Rob.
Just now back on line.
Same program for me for firing ceram and LiSi

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Also the MT ingots are way better than Emax MT for press and stain IMO.
They are not as chalky as emax MT and not grey like emax HT.
They make much nicer press and stain crns IMO.
I absolutely love the B1 MT Lisi Press, makes beautiful press and stain. Emax MT BT I think looks terrible really need blue stain or layered incsal
To relate ingot choice to e.max with LiSi ingots. Does the shade translucency transfer directly over, say e.max LT to LiSi LT, HT for HT, and MT for MT? I am asking this, so when I order LiSi, I know what basic levels I can expect.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Christmas in November! They've arrived, and I am excited to finally be able to try them out for myself! Thanks Brian and Tyler at Dorado Dental Supply, http://doradodentalsupply.com/, for filling our order and getting it out to us so quickly. :Rock:

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-18_12-27-44.png
    upload_2016-11-18_12-27-44.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...soooo. Now that everyone has pressed a few what's the consensus ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
...soooo. Now that everyone has pressed a few what's the consensus ?
I'll be posting pictures next week. I have to admit I really like this stuff. The differences are subtle to most people, but sooo huge for folks like me. The clean divesting is huge, it keeps your surface texture exactly like the wax-up. I never really saw it that clear with E.max. Also the value is spot on, E.max always had an issue of graying out, especially clinically. I don't see myself compensating in the layering porcelain to achieve this, heck I've even done a case like Al did with no glaze, no staining on centrals, just finish and polish. The MT seem to be spot on, and mostly what I'm using, but I have a few bleaching cases coming down the pipeline. Downside, sure does stick to the plunger a lot more, tough to remove the flash. Might have to switch to disposable or make your own. So far, just really started getting into the layering of it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
cool,are you using GC's lustre paste as well?

sounds like a great combination.

Have you or anyone tried using the emax ceram on lisi pressed ? I still like emax porcelain and have a chit load to use up.;)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
cool,are you using GC's lustre paste as well?

sounds like a great combination.

Have you or anyone tried using the emax ceram on lisi pressed ? I still like emax porcelain and have a chit load to use up.;)
Yes I have used e.max porcelain on it, worked fine....I will say that the lisi layering ceramic fires better (not as pitty as e.max) from my intial firings. But, I'm still playing with it and then I'm sure I'll have some more opinions about it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes I have used e.max porcelain on it, worked fine....I will say that the lisi layering ceramic fires better (not as pitty as e.max) from my intial firings. But, I'm still playing with it and then I'm sure I'll have some more opinions about it.

I thought it was just me that had pits in my emax porcelain.
I was too embarrassed to mention it on here but now that you have "come out " :p , i feel much better......rainbows for everyone!Knuddel

Top Bottom