Casting gold

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hi guys
A dr of mine wants to start casting gold. I have to buy a new scale but from a search that i did the prices are from 50 euros up to 800 euros.
What is the diferrence and there are these big diferences, are the more expensive more accurate? Im gonna be weighing wrong without knowing and on the longrun is gonna be cheaper if i buy an expensive one?
Any suggestions whEre to buy from?
Thanks

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you get a scale that comes with check weights or buy a set separately so that you can check the accuracy of the scale occasionally. Remember to have your thumb on the pan when you're weighing gold and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like he has a stockpile of old crowns.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Sounds like he has a stockpile of old crowns.

Ahh the dentists retirement fund......ill dispose of that old worthless gold for you, besides it's contaminated so you won't be wanting to take that home with you.

As said above, make sure you have some calibration weights you can check with.....expensive doesn't necessarily mean better.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys
A dr of mine wants to start casting gold. I have to buy a new scale but from a search that i did the prices are from 50 euros up to 800 euros.
What is the diferrence and there are these big diferences, are the more expensive more accurate? Im gonna be weighing wrong without knowing and on the longrun is gonna be cheaper if i buy an expensive one?
Any suggestions whEre to buy from?
Thanks

Any of these should do the job. Check the net. This was Pearson . US.

image.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Visit your local vinyl record/incense shop. I picked up a Triton 2 pocket scale for about $30. Very accurate.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Visit your local vinyl record/incense shop. I picked up a Triton 2 pocket scale for about $30. Very accurate.

add a gram of weed and you can check the calibration right away

Top Bottom