Dentsply Celtra

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday with a very few select labs around the country playing with the Celtra press from Denstply.
Must say, i really enjoyed it for a host of different reasons.

Ive not yet been able to handle any of the LiSi press from GC, but this Celtra changes things for us in the lab when it comes to choosing material (emax vs celtra).
i am sure there will be a learning curve, there is with everything. and its not a complete lineup just yet, but it sounds like this thing will be rolled out for everyone next year (prob chicago if i had to guess). still waiting for a few questions to be answered by the tech gurus at dentsply, but the monolithic crowns look at the least comparable to emax, and stronger when glazed. huge bonus is sprue technique and no reaction layer. both a time savers and time is money. BOOM!

i can post pics later on, need to get some things done around the lab, but i have a few cases coming up that i will make a side by side comparison with emax, yall be the judge!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
invested my first two units of Celtra today. excited to see the results...wish I could play with the LiSi press too!

first impression: I am in love with their investment. (granted I haven't seen the outcome yet) it mixes and feels grainy...like theres fine sand in it while mixing by hand. but after its done in the mixer (renfert twister) its INCREDIBLY smooth and fine. pours easily and seems to reduce surface tension as it hits the patterns. I had some pretty deep pits and fissures on these two full contour molars and I am willing to bet there wont be any bubbles!

will keep everyone updated. I know all are stoked about LiSi press, and I would love to hop on that bandwagon too....but I have Celtra to play with, not LiSi.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok i will add a pic here in a bit....first pressing is out. looks great.
#1 i wouldnt say theres "zero" reaction layer, however the slight reaction layer that is formed does not effect the surface of the material and is blasted off easily during divesting.
#2 as i expected the investment captured every little nook and cranny of my anatomy. god i love the idea of not digging out bubbles from the deepest parts of nice anatomy!
#3 the real test is coming up. probably tomorrow i will work on finalizing the crowns and give more feedback!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg not a fancy pic, I know. deal with it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That looks pretty clean.Hows the shade ?
very clean, very smooth. no roughness to silicone wheel out. its literally ready to glaze.
hard to get a good pic, i will snap one now and one when i glaze (no staining) and let you be the judge tomorrow!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
the wife just kept saying "it feels very....different."
she didnt know how to put it into words.....emax comes out very rough on the surface, even after invex. this is like its been polished.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
the wife just kept saying "it feels very....different."
she didnt know how to put it into words.....emax comes out very rough on the surface, even after invex. this is like its been polished.
Do you think the smoothness has to do with the investment,the ingot,or both?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Do you think the smoothness has to do with the investment,the ingot,or both?
my guess right now, both.
but i have a case of investment and i will probably toy with pressing some emax and investing metal to cast too.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
my guess right now, both.
but i have a case of investment and i will probably toy with pressing some emax and investing metal to cast too.

A smoother surface certainly makes wax printing more practical .

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
A smoother surface certainly makes wax printing more practical .
and it cuts out invex, second sandblasting, and silicone wheeling the surface.
i literally spotted the contacts and occlusion where needed and its going it for glaze now. will post pics shortly

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i literally spotted the contacts and occlusion where needed and its going it for glaze now. will post pics shortly
Do you have an Ivoclar furnace?
I have a propress 200 and 100.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

Hurry up! Bebored

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg ok. been a long day. not a huge fan of the glaze. a bit more tricky to work with than Insync....but....
overall they came out decent. comparable to emax. if I threw them into a pile of emax I doubt someone could pick them out.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
sorry for the terrible phone pics. it really washed out the crowns. I swear they aren't that fugly!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe you could borrow Carlos Danger 's iphone?
lmfao I don't need to see his personal pics.
however, I'll try to snag a better pic before I box it up

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
How do you think doctors will accept the rise of non-emax glass ceramics such as Suprinity, Celtra, GC LiSi et al?
Do you think the companies will do enough to help doctors accept these products and what are the real advantages for the doctor and the patient.
I have not played with the press variety, but have milled a ton of LiSi and to be truthful there is not much advantage i can see.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
How do you think doctors will accept the rise of non-emax glass ceramics such as Suprinity, Celtra, GC LiSi et al?
Do you think the companies will do enough to help doctors accept these products and what are the real advantages for the doctor and the patient.
I have not played with the press variety, but have milled a ton of LiSi and to be truthful there is not much advantage i can see.
thats some loaded questioning there, @Terry Whitty
how the Drs accept them will be determined by 2 major factors in my opinion.
1. the almighty dollar. lets be honest, no matter which political party you belong to this economy is in the sh*tter and the vast majority of docs are looking at the bottom line only. i say only and i mean ONLY. dont believe me? ask what their accountants tell them. i have had 5 this year alone tell me that its "all about the bottom line" because "insurance is paying less and less" and their "cost of operating" is rising dramatically. these are quotes because they are literal text quotes from client and perspective clients. now, not all areas and not all doctors will see #1 as their big reason but i stick to my guns that its the vast majority of them throughout the country.
2. ease of use. it must be easier or equally easy to use as emax. they have enough to deal with that they dont want more changes mucking up their streamlined processes in house. ease of use also goes hand in hand with information....not just from us labs, but from the manufacturers as well. the fact that we STILL occasionally run into a Dr that asks what emax is (believe it or not) scares me and tells me that if Ivoclar hasnt penetrated the market after 15years then GC, Dentsply, and the others have a very long uphill battle of marketing this beast and all its bells and whistles.

can the companies pull the marketing off? honestly, im not sure. Dentsply has the edge being that they have a massive market share worldwide. are their actually advantages for the Dr and patient? i dont see any as of yet. the advantages i see are on the lab side so far. and if we (as labs) continue to cut each others throats via pricing, there is no significant clinical difference that i see yet. so we are on the same page there, Terry.

my take.....milling and printing will continue to take over the scene and eventually this sort of thing will decline like gold crowns and PFMs have.

Top Bottom