LiSi (Questions)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A place to ask and answer new questions about LiSi.
We recently purchased this (layering and ingots).
Same pressing parameters as E.max?
Can you layer Zirconium with it?...noticed no 'Zirliner' like product?
If you already have or use LiSi...likes and dislike?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I will say, the price is VERY enticing on the ingots (ivoclar we pay $135 a sleeve) (Nowak sells LiSi sleeves at $75 - with the buy 3 get 1 free special going on).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I predict another " buy original" campaign in the near future.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I will say, the price is VERY enticing on the ingots (ivoclar we pay $135 a sleeve) (Nowak sells LiSi sleeves at $75 - with the buy 3 get 1 free special going on).

Geeze Rob,are you buying on price?

no tests,studies? Why is it better? You bought this without instructions?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The buzz is quite high and the product really is great Rob. I predict big things for it, Ivoclar should be a bit worried :)

Just did a full mouth of singles with this stuff, stain and glaze, and it turned out awesome!!!

GC initial LiSi glass is a great companion as well

Specialized veneering ceramic for lithium disilicate

This ceramic is the specialized veneering ceramic designed for lithium disilicate frameworks. With this type of frameworks gaining popularity, GC offers now a material for highly aesthetic and durable restorations for long-term patient satisfaction.
Thanks to the exactly cross-matched coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE),its low firing temperature and highest stability during multiple firings, GC Initial LiSi ensures you a safe and predictable processing of lithium disilicate frameworks.
GC Initial LiSi can be used in the individual layering and in the cut-back technique following the proven Initial ceramic concept - One shade system - one layering technique. If you want to go even further, full anatomical frameworks can be enhanced by staining using the GC Initial Lustre Pastes NF. The simplicity and secure handling of the Initial LiSi powders assure a short learning curve offering quick, aesthetic and economical results.

Advantages
  • Superior natural aesthetics, specially designed and adapted to the light-dynamics of lithium disilicate frameworks
  • Low firing temperature and exactly cross-matched coefficients of thermal expansion with high stability, even after multiple firings
  • Comprehensive shade and layering system
  • Simple handling and short learning curve
  • Quick, aesthetic and economical results

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
GC products have always been top quality.I can't live without my Lustre Paste or my Gradia.

The pics on Facebook look great and if it's easier to use than emax then I'm probably all in.
Once again it boils down to the "name recognition" by the drs.

I've always tried to avoid calling a material by it's most popular product name. How many drs understand that Emax is LD?

Before Emax, an all ceramic crown was called an Empress crown regardless of how it was made. Now it's an Emax crown/

Kudos to Ivoclar for their excellent marketing skills.
So how are you going to educate your drs about the difference between Emax and Lisi?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Same firing as E.max works for me, yes, you can use on Zr, however, GC recommend using Initial Zr on large cases.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
GC products have always been top quality.I can't live without my Lustre Paste or my Gradia.

The pics on Facebook look great and if it's easier to use than emax then I'm probably all in.
Once again it boils down to the "name recognition" by the drs.

I've always tried to avoid calling a material by it's most popular product name. How many drs understand that Emax is LD?

Before Emax, an all ceramic crown was called an Empress crown regardless of how it was made. Now it's an Emax crown/

Kudos to Ivoclar for their excellent marketing skills.
So how are you going to educate your drs about the difference between Emax and Lisi?

Great points,

Brand is something I try and create with my products, asking by name is something a smaller percentage of clients do. EMAX did a fine job creating a Kleenex style name and is almost as strong as Bruxzir in name requests.

In my lab I send a newsletter in my statements. I highlight new things going on with the lab and suggested new products. I never eliminate one product as thats just silly I need stuff to talk about monthly. This is just another product and my selling points will be how well the one shade system works across multiple material choices.

The fact is EMAX grays out often LiSi is not doing this with my limited experience thus far. Reaction layer is non existent really negligible

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Geeze Rob,are you buying on price?

no tests,studies? Why is it better? You bought this without instructions?
-Yes, price is always a factor...i'd ask you why you use Argen and not Atlantis but we all know.
-Lithium DiSilicate has been studied for almost two decades...
-Better?...as John stated, isn't graying out, price, reaction layer, and....that's what I'm asking, I asked for dislikes as well
-Yes, there were no manufacturer instructions with my layering kit (not sure if that was an accident),but I haven't received the ingots yet, so maybe it will be in there.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
As I stated in the original post, I'm seeing some great results by other folks and since DLN has started, we've dissected all the pro's and con's without any bias. I think that is why I asked in here, we all value each others input and experience.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
.i'd ask you why you use Argen and not Atlantis but we all know.

Because I need the savings to pay for my 3 shape license?:p
I was on board with LD long before Emax so I get it. Most of my drs will trust my material choices so switching to LISI only takes a couple of cases.

Gotta keep you cheesed off at me so you'll stick around longer;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Great points,

Brand is something I try and create with my products, asking by name is something a smaller percentage of clients do. EMAX did a fine job creating a Kleenex style name and is almost as strong as Bruxzir in name requests.

In my lab I send a newsletter in my statements. I highlight new things going on with the lab and suggested new products. I never eliminate one product as thats just silly I need stuff to talk about monthly. This is just another product and my selling points will be how well the one shade system works across multiple material choices.

The fact is EMAX grays out often LiSi is not doing this with my limited experience thus far. Reaction layer is non existent really negligible

The newsletter is a great service that we all should be doing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Because I need the savings to pay for my 3 shape license?:p
I was on board with LD long before Emax so I get it. Most of my drs will trust my material choices so switching to LISI only takes a couple of cases.

Gotta keep you cheesed off at me so you'll stick around longer;)
It's all good brother...they were fair questions and I didn't take it as you were giving me a hard time. Besides, I got you to talk about that ridiculous 3Shape licensing fees...so I won that battle. HA HA!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
what I dont hear anyone discussing is if the LiSi pellets actually fluoresce.. The zubler LD is supposed to, whereas emax doesnt.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is the hype. i could go post an emax or ANY other press case on a LiSi page and nobody would know the difference.. :rolleyes:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Marketing good products is easy but at the end of the day its still business and yes how we spin things can rub some the wrong way.

With that being said I am a straight shooter, I like the product, it makes me money, clients are happy. Seems like good fit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
what I dont hear anyone discussing is if the LiSi pellets actually fluoresce.. The zubler LD is supposed to, whereas emax doesnt.

I didn't know that, again marketing at it's finest.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so this is an ingot system to press ... and a layering porc?

Top Bottom