Coe-soft help?

R

rebeccaterp

Reaction score
OK - so we are working in the morning, to enjoy the afternoon today, but are running into issues.

after a dentist takes a wash impression using coe-soft after a successful try-in and returns it to me to process, i run into a problem.

it seems as though when i boil out, coe-soft fuses to the stone model.

i'm stuck spending loads of time trying to scrape the coe-soft material off of the model.

any idea on why this is happening? solutions?

thanks in advance!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its normal, I hate that material,

The only work around I have found is to not have the water boiling, try and just soften the wax enough to open the flask then peel the stuff away. As in any boil out procedure if you liquify the wax your causing more head aches for your self.

Good luck and get out of the lab its a fricken holiday :)

Posted from the hammock,

One more thing...

Truthfully any chiarside soft reline or tissue conditioner has it own set of problems. Sometimes its faster to cut out a palate/strip the liner out prior to final waxup prior to flasking. I recently raised my pour and remount fees for this very reason.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Excellent advice, John. Since you need to remount the new model on the articluator anyhow, that would be the time to get that out of there. Then it's just a seal down to process.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Something you might try that seems to work with other materials that we have trouble 'separating' from stone and that is to thoroughly soak the models after pouring them up. Not sure why it works though I have some idea.

Kreyer

Kreyer

Reaction score
OK - so we are working in the morning, to enjoy the afternoon today, but are running into issues.

after a dentist takes a wash impression using coe-soft after a successful try-in and returns it to me to process, i run into a problem.

it seems as though when i boil out, coe-soft fuses to the stone model.

i'm stuck spending loads of time trying to scrape the coe-soft material off of the model.

any idea on why this is happening? solutions?

thanks in advance!!

Rebecca,

The main problem is Coe Soft was not designed for this use. It is an intra-oral temp soft lining material and not designed for functional impressions creating stone casts. Coe Comfort is the functional material but the best solution is to avoid wash impressions in try-ins. If a wash impression must be taken then place vent holes in deepest point of palate and use an extra light VPS imp material..

Tuesday morning in Tokyo....

Rob

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
This has happened in the past with myself. If the doctor continues to use this as a wash. Try spraying it with Windex glass cleaner before you pour it up in stone. It will separate.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Is that a dental product?

need to see that msds sheet...LOL

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
This has happened in the past with myself. If the doctor continues to use this as a wash. Try spraying it with Windex glass cleaner before you pour it up in stone. It will separate.

Thats awesome. Reminds Me of a movie where the guy would use windex as a cure all. Can't recall the title though, oh well. I have a dentist that uses hydro-cast tissue conditioning material for functional impressions and when processing sticks all over the cast. I'm eager to try windex. :)

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Reminds Me of a movie where the guy would use windex as a cure all. Can't recall the title though, oh well. I have a dentist that uses hydro-cast tissue conditioning material for functional impressions and when processing sticks all over the cast. I'm eager to try windex. :)
Universal Mold release from Smoothon releases the hydrocast & has a msds and leaves a nice shiny surface. use very little, 610-252-5800, works on everything including silicone on silicone. But as John Wilson menmtioned open your flask at around 135* not full boil.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score

MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING-

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Never run into that problem but I have never used it as a wash impression before...But I have used it as a temporary reline many times and done a molloplast B reline from a coesoft temporary impression..in fact I will often use coesoft to determine if a molloplast B soft reline will do the trick for the patient who cannot tolerate a hard acrylic against the intaglio surfaces. .To me the coesoft makes for a really good impression.....because one can add to it or cut it back and retake it....So I use it to make an impression using the original denture and usually on the lower only.....But I have again never used it as a wash impression on a try in before....Maybe I might like to try it...or maybe I will just continue and use it as a temporary lining for an intended reline....thanks for the heads up and good tip on mold release....take care and keep well