Exocad contacts?

E

eunji86

Reaction score
Is there a better way of doing contacts in Exocad? Coming from 3shape I was used to and familiar with the neighboring teeth undercut function and a 2d slice tool but in exocad I'm finding that the crowns that get milled are having a hard time seating. Is there something similar to that in exocad?

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
there's an option during anatomical free-form where you get cut intersections of adjacents

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Unzip this in:
C:/exocad/DentalCADApp/library/bolts

After unzipping, restart the software. You can find this tool in Free Form/ ATT/remove

Attachments

• cutters.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 59
E

eunji86

Reaction score
How do I import the file into my exocad software? Im sorry I'm such a newb to exo. Thanks for your help~

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You can unzip directly into the above posted directory or unzip on desktop and then copy and paste into posted directory.

M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
What does this allow you to do exactly?

Unzip this in:
C:/exocad/DentalCADApp/library/bolts

After unzipping, restart the software. You can find this tool in Free Form/ ATT/remove

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
is that how you leave your contacts? :eek:

user name

user name

Reaction score
I don't understand what youre doing there 2thm8kr. The adapt to adjacents seems to work fine for me. How is yours better?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
2th, this could be a good idea to adjust contacts between teeth, in order to get a wide flat surface. For now the software will trim away only one adjacent contact leaving the other intact. This will result in a contact with one convex surface and the other a concave surface.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't understand what youre doing there 2thm8kr. The adapt to adjacents seems to work fine for me. How is yours better?
I don't use it (for contacts). OP asked for something like 3Shape tool. Just trying to help out.
Come on guys, deviate from the linear thinking pattern and break some rules.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
This option could be used to flatten a tooth mesial or distal of a crown to receive a partial( flat path of insertion). I guess it could be done also in a telescopic/ German crown option too.
As far as contacts are concern l could dial in the parameters to be spot on, different docs demand deferent resistant when it comes to contacts .

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
View attachment 23669

View attachment 23670

Among other things if you use your imagination.
Sam, on this picture you displayed, there is an option which I do not have and you seem not to have which says( apply all changes) in attachment that could be useful to add a hole in a crown.

May be username could tell me if he has it, because I think we have a similar Exocad version ( Jensen) .

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
On this picture you displayed Sam, there is an option which I do not have and you seem not to have which says( apply all changes) in attachment that could be useful to add a hole in a crown.

May be username could tell me if he has it, because I think we have a similar Exocad version ( Jensen) .
The photos are not from my exo machine. I do have the allow any changes option. It is easily added with a xml file edit, but I think it has to be in engine build number 5675 or higher for it to work.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sam, on this picture you displayed, there is an option which I do not have and you seem not to have which says( apply all changes) in attachment that could be useful to add a hole in a crown.

'apply al changes'...Im not seeing it in his pic. (?)

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Maybe "allow any changes" (?)

;)

I'll say to the 2th to try the french version .... :D

2016-110.png

2016-111.png

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It looks like they didn't bother translating every item to French...